L.C. Debuts Clothing Line -- on Heidi's Bday!

9/15/2007 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LCToday is the launch date for Lauren Conrad's new clothing line. Coincidentally, today is the same day as her ex-BFF Heidi Montag's birthday! Lauren's pretty business savvy -- go girl!

The hip new line is currently offered only on the web -- perhaps Spencer can order Heidi a birthday dress! Perhaps there's a discount for frenemies?!

Lauren's creativity knows no end -- her line is called, "Lauren Conrad."

peanutgallery

Way OVERPRICED for clothes you could find for half that much in the mall. Sorry, but if you are going to pay those prices you want something in an original and distinctive pattern at least. These are very basic, unoriginal,and too pricey for the targeted population that would be interested in it. Her write up lists everything from "fun california girl" to "sophisticated lines" I don't think she really knows what she is selling or how to put an original spin on something. I know girls in highschool who sew more original designs than this collection. I don't think she is creative enough to open her own line...it takes a lot more than just liking fashion and going shopping...PLEASE.

Garth fan

Congrats to Lauren on her new clothing line. To all of the people posting that they don't care and are bashing Lauren I have 3 words- GET A LIFE! Lauren has a clothing line because that is what she wants to do in life, not because she is famous. I sure wish I could have achieved such a major goal at the age of 21. Quit being haters and get out there and make something of yourselves instead of knocking others for doing well in life. Oh yeah, Heidi and Spencer suck ass and they need to go away, nobody likes you two morons!

jk

#62 TEAM LAUREN

SHE IS A COLLEGE DROPOUT, AND HAS BEEN GIVEN A CLOTHING LINE DUE TO THE FACT THAT SHE WAS LUCKILY ENOUGH TO HAVE RICH PARENTS, AND BECAUSE OF THAT SHE WAS RANDOMLY PICKED TO DO A REALITY SHOW, WHICH GAVE HER A FAN BASE OF POP CULTURE KIDS WHO WILL SUPPORT ANYTHING MARKETED THE RIGHT WAY....HMM ACCOMPLISHMENTS..I DONT THINK SO. SHE IS A PERSON WHO HAD THE LUCK OF THE DRAW.

peanutgallery

I don't think people are jealous, I think they believe she is not much of a designer and if not for her family money she would have never have been able to have this opportunity. Adding insult to injury is the fact her clothes are overpriced. There are far more creative people who will never get the opportunity because they aren't wealthy. I have always thought Whitney was way more creative and diverse in style in how she put her outfits together and where she shops. If anyone on that show was going to come out with a clothing line should have been Whitney. Either you are an artist or you aren't. Money can't buy the talent unfortunately for Lauren.

jk

Everyone knocks Spencer, but he at least graduated from USC....None of them other rich kids even go to school. L.C. dropped out, and Audrina is just crazy. Who's really the loser spoiled kid.

peanutgallery

To comment #63 I don't think the kids who idolize her will be able to afford the clothes much to their disappointment I am sure. I know I couldn't when I was in highschool or college. Women who can afford her clothes won't be interested in the cut/style but if they were going to buy something so basic they would buy it somewhere else and get it much cheaper and save their money for high-end accents. She needed to have atleast a few very distinctive patterns and pieces in her line. If she wants to sell high end clothes to people who can afford to buy them, she is going to have to change the cut, styles, and patterns. If she wants to stick with the style she is peddling to the group she is peddling to she needs to cut her prices in half atleast....or move back to LB open a boutique and sell to all the rich kids who would drop that kind of money on very basic wardrobe pieces. All the young women and teens I know dress with more flair than that. Her clothes are boring.

Megan

I LOVE THESE CLOTHES BUT IF SHE THINKS ANYONE IS GOING TO PAY THAT MUCH MONEY SHE IS CRAZY HOUSE OF DEREON IS CHEEPER, AND EVERYONE KNOWS BEYONCES CLOTHING LINE HIKE UP THERE PRICES! WHAT IS LAUREN THINKING! THE CLOTHES ARE HOT THOUGH.

kill the queen

wow- some of these comments bashing Lauren are hilarious! Heidi and Spencer- dont you guys have anything better to do then sit at the computer posting as different people? Go hang out with your friends... oh wait, right.... you are sort of lacking friends arent you? Its called KARMA- you make your own bed. HA.

L.C Fan

I think LC is an amazing person. And like someone else up there wrote, Heidi is a nasty a$$, ugly, skinny b*tch, with a dumba$$ BF,and no friends. Let's see who she's gonna have when Spencer dumps her stupid a$$. I think them 2 ar perfect for each other because they're both anti-social and dumb. Good luck to LC though, wish you the best of luck. AND FOR THOSE WHO TALK SMACK ABOUT THE SHOW. DON'T WATCH IT YOU MORONS:)

Jaime

Have you seen her prices?? Yeah right.....none of her clothing looks original. Its the same stuff they have at every other store that sells "going out" clothing.....except ALOT more expensive. She may have a reality show...but she isnt famous enough to put those kind of prices on her clothing.

Check out http://laurenconrad.seenon.com/ and you will see EXACTLY what I am talking about.

lise

Okay, so It's a little high... but I've got to admit it's cute. Just for comparison, that Kathrine wrap sweater is very similar to the DKNY Cozy wrap sweaters. I got one last year and I wear it with everything. I was going to go back and get another in black but they disconnected the nicer cuts/fabrics in favor of chunky sweater materials. boo... Those sweaters were 175, so 140 in comparison is nothing. The thing I'm annoyed about is that Shipping is so high, If you only offer things online, and are a new designer you need to offer incentives to get people to buy - especially when the clothes are perceived as over-priced - If it was lower S &H or free, I'd buy that sweater, and matching tube top in a heartbeat... for now I'm waiting... maybe LC will figure it out and price her clothing accordingly....

peanutgallery

#70 You can buy similar sweaters in the mall at the teeny bobber stores for about $20 or the medium level higher quality but reasonable price mall stores for about $40. They look identical for such a basic color and cut piece. In that light, who in heck would buy it from her line? Thanks, but you could buy 5 of everything she is offering at the teeny bopper stores for the same price. Most young women will opt to do that, especially if the stuff looks so similar. Forever 21 is a good example. Girls are gonna save their money for the more distinctive pieces...and LC has no distinctive pieces. Blah.

PatiMati

#70, you can find similiar clothing at Susie's Deal for $5.99. I am not being negative or a hater, because I hope that she and all of these young people can make it, because after all, it is a legitimate business. But, you can find some similiar styles in some smaller and less expensive stores. I just thank God that she didn't sell that TATER SACK dress that Audrina wears. And, I am all for Ms. Lauren, but she is no fashion maven herself.

PatiMati

#73 is a repeat of what I said earlier. What did I do to make it repeat; I didn't re-type that information.

jk

Lauren is an o.k. person, and yes its true her vajay jay looks like jay-z's lips...LMAO

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments