O.J. Simpson -- I Just Wanted My Childhood Photos

9/15/2007 9:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

oj simpsonO.J. Simpson says it was family photos -- not expensive collectibles -- he was after in Thursday's "sting operation."

According to auction house owner Tom Riccio, who says he tipped Simpson off and arranged for him to meet with sports memorabilia collector Alfred Beardsley, Simpson just wanted his childhood photos returned. When he found that Beardsley had a collection of his pics, Simpson "got all worked up," said Riccio.

Beardsley spoke with the Associated Press late yesterday and said that he would give the photos back. "I feel bad about it," and added that both he and Simpson feel "this has gotten way out of control."

Authorities are currently trying to sort out who owned what items, and believe that "part or all of the items" belong to Simpson, according to Police Captain James Dillon.

Britney In, Seacrest Out?

"American Idol" whipping boy Ryan Seacrest hosts the Emmys this Sunday, and says that he's more than willing to give fallen pop tart Britney Spears a chance at redemption on his broadcast.

Rumors around a possible Britastrophic Emmys appearance have been swirling all week, but while Britter's camp says that she's not planning on attending, Seacrest says he'll happily give her air time.

"I am willing to give up my monologue, song and interpretive dance for her apology," he told Us.

Joan Rivers Kicked Off the Red Carpet

Can we talk? Plastic surgery diva Joan Rivers is miffed that she and daughter Melissa have been moved out of the limelight and online. After years of strutting the red carpet for E!, Rivers and Rivers will now liveblog the event at joanriversblog.com.

"How dare they! It's just mean and wrong. Are they out of their minds?" Rivers told Page Six of having the red carpet ripped out from under them. Carson Kressley and Guiliana Depandi will replace the mother/daughter duo.

It's not all bad, said Rivers. "They've set up my apartment like a war room. I have free rein. I can say, 'She looks like a slut.' I can say, 'I think he's gay,' or this one's nasty or terrific. It appeals to me." And anyway, says Joan, "The fun was when the celebrities dressed themselves and looked funny. Now they all look perfect and are being very careful with what they say."

Reality

DON'T DO IT BRIT, NEVER APOLOGIZE TO THE VULTURES

Nazelie

I'm more interested in seeing her apartment than the fashions. I hope it's in high def.

fulger

she doesn't look bad for a 137 year old

ac

I don't comprehend what she has to "apologize" for. No wardrobe malfunction, she didn't tell Jesus to suck it and she's not running a dog fighting ring.

So she gave a bad performance, it's not like we had to pay to see her. If it offends you walk away or change the channel, sissyfied America isn't OWED an apology for everything real or imagined.

BigDummyLamont

OJ was also heard to say, " I want my daddy's records".

Tookie

The Vegas Police caved....and OJ the killer walks again.......What a slime ball.

Blah blah blah

Apparently there is something that happened that night behind the sceens the public doesn't know about. She should be receptive to their offers and go out there and apologize for her actions that weekend. That is if SHE is interested in getting back into the music business. It sounds as if she wasn't taking the comebackseriously, but it also could be she could care less about a comeback and she don't know how to get out. After all this has been all she knows.
I can't remember any other celebrity that their peers have reached out publicly to offer help, support and all round kindness. If you want back in Brit, go for it, If you just want left alone, tell thank you but no thanks.

Bob

That OJ has the audacity to wear the cross around his neck like a badge gives me great solace. His judgment day is soon coming, and I have no doubt that he'll pay dearly for all that he has done.

Glisten Garbor

Well thank goodness they didn't replace Joan and Melissa with Sarah Silverman and Kathy Griffin..Can you just imagine that horror!

teri funt

ONCE AGAIN O.J. is treated better than any other american citizen. Why? Well as we know he is above the law. He can kill, steal, muder, conspire and purdjer and walk away free and untouched. God Bless him......not.

A hip chick in CA from IA

"Bout time...I have been anticipating a Joan Rivers plastic Tsunami for yeaaaaaaaaars... Thank you E! And her talentless daughter? HOT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!! Get a real job, chick. We know you must be 50-some years old since yer Mum is in 'er 'undreds!!!

Mark

Why does everyone flock to this person for autographs.

WHAT?

Guns and posse and sting operation for Photos?
Yea, right

sonja

yesterday i saw an interview with an AP reporter--she said that the storage unit oj refers to was not robbed--he didn't pay the rent--so it went to auction. then, of course, the buyer was quite surprised that he had oj's stuff. but he had it legally--if this is true then oj owns none of it--not even his baby photos! wise ass should have paid the bill!

rosie

Of course the Vegas PD is doing nothing to Simpson. Once again that smirking damn ass has his phony story. A sting operation my patootie. And then he's out on the golf course...what a jerk. I agree with you #9 teri funt...he can commit murder, steal conspire and perjure himself but he is still "the Juice". He walks away from every situation but yet there are still people yelling it is because he is black! No you dopes...IT IS BECAUSE HE IS A CRIMINAL AND HE BEAT THE RAP......HE MURDERED HIS 2 YOUNGEST KIDS MOTHER BECAUSE SHE DIVORCED HIM AND TRIED TO MAKE A LIFE FOR HERSELF AND THE KIDS. RON GOLDMAN RETURNED nicole's mothers glasses from the restaraunt and oj showed up and killed them both. He flaunts his nose at the civil award of $38 million , steals cable tv in Florida, terrorizes his daughter into calling 911 and now conducts a sting operation. What a sicko. God bless him not. As for Joan Rivers and her face...I for one will not miss her or her daughter...move on.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments