Babwa to Barry

We've Got Hassel's Back

9/18/2007 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"View" den mother Barbara Walters says that as much as she wanted Barry Manilow to come and croon, no one -- not even the "Mandy" singer -- tells her how to run her show!

Manilow told TMZ yesterday that he decided to ditch his appearance on today's "View," because as a close friend of Rosie O'Donnell, he didn't want to sit on the same stage as right-winger Elisabeth Hasselbeck, whose views he called "dangerous." Babwa, on her Sirius radio chatfest last night, said it was "too bad" about Barry's stand. Added co-executive producer Bill Geddie, "We don't do that ... we support everybody ... he's not going to call the shots."

Geddie also pointed out that lefty celeb political flamethrowers like Susan Sarandon and Jane Fonda have also appeared with Elisabeth, and it sure looked like everyone was having a pretty good time last November when Manilow appeared on the show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Me

Babs is a lying biotch. All Barry requested is that Elisabeth not do the interview - there are 3 other ladies there that are just as able (if not more-so) to conduct an interview. Rosie's right, she needs to retire!

No she didn't......

Ding Dang! This is getting outta control.
And also a Ding Dang for not being first :-(

Seriously

I can't stand this show. It's about time for it to fold. They are sooooo freaking rude! Someone give these ladies something for their MOODINESS! I have NEVER liked that hasselboob-beck.

Jolene

He is not a diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!

donna

Good for Barry. I can't even watch that show anymore. Rosie was the only thing that made it interesting. Bitsy is such an idiot. She just spouts off whatever Fox News tells her to believe. She's rude and shrill and she talks over everyone.

Desease control

Me no likey elishbeth hutchback.

boring show dumb bitchs!

Ann

I usually do not agree with Barb, but this incident I do. I'm disappointed in Barry for acting like such a child, how old is he anyway. "I won't do the show if Elisabeth talks to me", for crying out loud, grow up. I used to be a fan of Barry, but now have second thoughts. And, if he's a friend of Rosie's, that's even more reason to have second thoughts. She's wacko!

Jeff

Come on Barry. You just did it to raise awareness about your new record release. Anything to get sales going. Stay out of politics

Desease control

Ding Dang big dong for no Britt news

jeff

TMZ is there a gag ordwer against you and the britney custody hearing? everyone is reporting but you!

janet

please either cancel this show or get rid of the pregnant bitch!!!!!

Kate

This show is nothing but a bunch of cackling hens who yell and scream over each other for the last word. The only one I would consider listening to is Joy. She's been on Howard Stern and she says a lot of true things. Hasselback is a self righteous little pig who if not for the View would be on some other reality show chasing down fame or laying down for another rich football player. Once the view is done (which will be soon hopefully) she will have no career and will once again fade into obscurity or be on the next edition of Dancing with the Stars.

I laugh at other's misfortunes

I bet he'd do the interview if Elisabeth wore a strap-on for him. Rosie would.

Wicked

Elisabeth is an immature ignorant psycho and her husband is out of word. Sucks being lizzy.

Desiree

If he just wanted someone else to do the interview, I don't know why they didn't oblige. Elisabeth isn't that good anyway. But it's too bad politics can't be set aside sometimes, just for the sake of a performance. I don't watch the show, can't stand Barbara Walters, she is SO past being credible or interesting. And she sucks up to all the lames celebutards just for the money. She's so over.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments