Just Like Old Times ... O.J.'s Back in Court

9/19/2007 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a scene reminiscent of 1995, a tired looking O.J. Simpson-- in a full prison jumpsuit, handcuffs and shackles oh my!-- walked into a Clark County Courthouse for his first appearance on burglary, robbery, kidnapping, conspiracy and assault with a deadly weapon charges.

Longtime attorney Yale Galanter is by his side, along with attorney Gabriel Grasso.

Ironically, former prosecutor Marcia Clark is in the courtroom, covering the proceedings for "ET." O.J.'s girlfriend Christine Prody, his sister Mattie and his daughter Arnelle are also in the courtroom.

O.J. said very little, answering "yes" when asked if he'd seen the charges and understood them and advising the judge that he lived in Miami, Florida.

O.J. judge: Click to watchThe prosecution announced that the two sides have agreed to allow Simpson to post $125,000 cash in bail, provided he surrender his passport (but can travel freely in the U.S.) and have no contact with any witnesses, alleged victims or co-defendants in the case. We're told it could take 12 hours to spring the Juice.

A status hearing has been set for the week of October 22.

The hearing lasted 10 minutes.

A Doubting Thomas

Do I smell another Judge Ito here?

Positive Dona

DID YOU NOTICE HOW HIS DAUGHTER WENT TO THE COURT HOUSE? WHEN YOU ARE NOT RAISED TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUR DAD, YOU'LL HANG IN THERE WITH HIM. MY MOM WAS "RAISED" TO NEVER SEE HER DAD, SO I NEVER SAW MY GRANDFATHER. ARNELL PROVES MY POINT. MY tN GUIDE VLOG GOOGLES
MSN
OR YAHOO
THIS TITLE,"HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, ALEC BALDWIN,RESPECTFULLY".
THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE.
NICHOLE NOR HER SISTER EVER PRESSURED THE KIDS TO FORGET THEIR DAD. OJ BENEFITTED FROM NICHOLE'S GENEROUS NATURE TODAY! GOD BLESS HER!

me

Only $125,000 bail? That's it?

Babylove

GOD help US! The Monster belongs in Prison!!!!!

miobing

This whole thing is a misuse of justice and power by the people entrusted to uphold the law.OJ was set up , what happened in that hotel room is something that has no place in the criminal court.It belongs in the civil court.The prosecution will try to make up a case against oj and at the end of the day they won't be able to prove it, tax payers' money being put to waste.The ublic should not look at oj's history with the law.They should look at the fatcs of the case.To all the losers who want to see oj in jail, you can kiss his ***** because he won't be.He just has yet another thing to write a book about

Babylove

I truly DO NOT believe the COUNTRY will let him get away this time!!!! If by some chance his lawyers get him OFF~there will be an UPROAR heard around the World!!!!! I pray they Lock up the Monster!!!!!!

Dawna

OJ is soo stupid! He got away with murder! And now he did this! You know he is gonna do time for sure now!!!! Good for him, that's what he gets!!! Dum ass

The Jackson twenty five

Lock him up and throw away the key - that smug SOB !! Let Nicole have a chuckle from Heaven.

Sreve Francis Sterling,CT.

I'm surprised the handcuffs didn't slip off OJ's wrists cuz of all the blood on his hands...mayhaps that murderous & not too intelligent bastard will finally get what he deserves...if I was the judge at his trial & he was only charged with jaywalking I'd put a needle in his arm...

Sreve Francis Sterling,CT.

ooooops...my name is Steve...not Sreve...I'm typing in a dark room & hit the wrong key...my bad...

MNelson

He's evil. Let's hope he stays in jail this time. It's not about race, never was. He is a murderer.

divalasvegas

Unlike California, the court systems in other states do work! Here in Clark County, we have a strong court system and good prosecutors. The fact that he's a celebrity doesn't seem to be outweighing the fact that he is a criminal. Everything related to the way O.J. was treated was by the book, which shows how thorough LVMPD was in building their case. Obviously, no one on the side of the prosecution is going to let the stars get in their eyes this time around. I think that 12 years later, the world is a lot wiser to the ways of O.J. Simpson. He's in so deep that I don't think he's going to pull another acquittal out of his *ss this time around!

Sreve Francis Sterling,CT.

one thing that will always amaze me about the murder trial...just one thing mainly of many....his blood & Nicole's & Ron's were found in his vehicle...how could this be if he wasn't at least involved? forget DNA & physical witnesses (the guy walking his dog)...this one piece of evidence had him totally absolutely guilty...& the jury over-looked this??????????? unreal...then there's the civil trial where 9 of 12 jurors were needed to find him responsible for the deaths & the vote is 12 out of 12...so instead of getting life with no parole he's penalized money he can't/won't pay...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Sreve Francis Sterling,CT.

if anyone wants to be in touch with me as this latest OJ circus progresses I'm jester4aqueen@hotmail.com....

Edward La Brecque

The mob-controlled prosecutors and judiciary in Las Vegas will take care of O.J., don't worry. They will take care of that bastard in a way that Los Angeles failed to do. Johnny Cochran, where are you now that O.J. needs you again? At the age of 60, that narcisistic simpleton learned nothing since beating the rap in L.A. twelve years ago. Now is the time for real justice to take place. I can hardly wait. OJ = "Oh, Joy!"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments