Hit and Run Charges Against Pamela Bach -- Dismissed!

9/25/2007 5:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A misdemeanor hit-and-run charge was dismissed today
against David Hasselhoff's ex-wife, actress Pamela Bach.

Bach's attorney, Mark Geragos, said the dismissal stems from a statement made by the car's owner, saying that she did not want to proceed with the case.

Bach had been charged with one count of misdemeanor hit-and-run causing property damage in a Jan. 22 fender-bender in the San Fernando Valley. However, she was finally booked and released by LAPD officers yesterday!

Geragos told City News Service "I think the [other motorist] was paid through insurance." He added that estimates of the damage -- which Geragos described as a "paint transfer" -- ranged from $700 to $1,300.

UPDATE: TMZ spoke exclusively with the victim who says the only payment she has received came in the form of two checks from Geragos's firm which totaled $3,207. The victim also told us, "I'm relieved that this whole ordeal is over, but I'm still waiting for a formal apology." Keep holding your breath.

All American Girl

Thats a real shame....

Sloane

if she has a problem

let's hope that this is a wake-up call

oxyclean

La-la land!

Boo Hoo

I smell payoff.

tuna marie

has britney been arrested yet?

George

I thought Gov't decides if cases move forward not the victims? The laws there different everywhere you go.

Boo Hoo

I think Pamela and Britney should get together and lick each others va jay jay.

Lilybear

I bet someone from Bach's camp threatened her. Bach needs to get rehab and stat! Next time it could be a person and not a car.

Drea

Finally a light in her life, I'm happy for her, I hope she starts to appreciate the small things in life

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

I smell payoff

notfamous...yet

Actress??? Really? Never seen her before TMZ.

Lynn Taylor

I am glad she got a break, everybody needs one every now and then. Let's not kick a dog when he or she is down.

Cat

No. 5, if the victim decides not to testify against the defendant, then the government essentially has no case. They would have a hard time time proving guilt without a witness for the prosecution.

DingDong DingDong

No surprise, thats California justice.

willspy4money@aol.com

Miss. Bach has been through enough, I am very pleased that this case has been dismissed. Perhaps this will free up resources to go after real criminals. Has she not been through enough, she had the 'hugger' Ms. Opri as her attorney and she was married
to the 'star' and still has to deal with issues concerning her family. Folks she has been through enough.
I wish her well,