Spector Mistrial!

9/26/2007 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Phil SpectorThe judge in the Phil Spector murder trial has declared a mistrial, as jurors announced they were hopelessly deadlocked.

In the courtroom today, the jury foreperson told the judge that they were deadlocked 10 - 2 -- with 10 jurors voting for a guilty verdict.

Prosecutors charged Spector with the murder of actress Lana Clarkson nearly five years ago. Spector's attorneys had argued Clarkson committed suicide.

A spokeswoman for the District Attorney told the LA Times "We will try Phil Spector again" and said her office was disappointed with the outcome of the trial

All parties will be back in court on October 3rd.

Story developing ...

loni

well this one convinced me we need professional jurors. What idiots would believe the defense in this case? I think the rich pay off a juror or two. Either that or there are that many gullible or stupid jurors. People should not buy anything like books or watch any tv show that these jurors are on. I guess his little wifey will get away with her My space comments too. I bet there will be a big party at Spector's house tonight. I feel like throwing up

Glisten Garbor

I challenge one of the jurors who thinks PS is innocent to send their daughter, niece, wife, grand daughter etc up to Phil's castle one night and see what happens when they try to leave..

su.san smith

Well, Mr. Spector is INNOCENT and was all along. Read bewteen the lines, Lana was a drunk and a vicodin addict. And from the photos that the pros. showed in trial, there is NO WAY, Mr. Spector shot her. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! When are people going to grow up?

Jack Schitt

I smell CONSPIRICY!! Bush is behind it or maybe Harry Potter. What do you people expect? HOLLYWOOD RUNS THE GOVERNMENT. Its so very sad. The two that held out for innocent (if thats the case) are thinking "BIG BUCKS SELLING THE JURY DRAMA"

Doesn't Matter

If Phil was an everyday guy, with NORMAL hair, he would be swinging by now!!! Only in California does this misjustice happen, every damn day!! Disgraceful!!! My heart goes out to Lana's family.....

Kat

Is this the same jury OJ and Robert Blake had? I can't belive they didn't find this goof guilty. Why would a beautiful woman chose to commit sucide at this smuck's house? Maybe we need to have the jury undergo some kind of tests before they serve.

brent

Her carrier was dead long before he killed her, she looked like a republican, just figure she's a late term abortion, and move on.

hateher

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE .Those 2 jurors should have to go to Phils' house and try to leave.These people go TOO far on reasonable doubt.What do they want -a videotape of him killing her?

ccgatorgrl

ATTENTION anyone with $ if you want to commit a murder go to Cali and you get these maron jurors that will give u a free pass to get away with it.Wats up with all these STUPID people can they really be that stupid or are a couple of them a few $ richer???? Some one needs to study those folks it just don't seem RIGHT.. That creap will get off & do it again. He has a gun fettish thats a fact. I pray for Lana's family, they must be horrifide that a couple blind idiots were part of the jury. THAT SUCKS!!!!!!

Pauley

What a waste of time and money. This is unf_n believable. What part of "I think I killed somebody," does the jury not understand. I truly believe the limo driver heard those exact words spoken from Spector's mouth. Oh yeah, does anyone else think that Spector and his wife kinda look alike....they have the same nose and upper mouth. Two peas in a pod. I feel for Donna Clarkson and her family and they'll be in my prayers.

conneckt19

It's simply a case of your justice sytem at work folks.

Jen

THIS IS COMPLETE BS WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

roughdaddy

WHATS WRONG WITH L.A. JURORS??? THIS GUY IS INFAMOUS FOR PULLING GUNS ON WOMEN,,WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE 2 JURORS?

ShaSha

I have been following this trial from the start and am deeply saddened by the declaration of mistrial.
The fact that anyone could believe the reasoning and explanation of the defense is completely absurd and mind boggling.
Lana's family will remain in my prayers. I cant even imagine how they must be feeling.

Les