LaBelle: The Diva Snaps

10/1/2007 4:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Divatastic Patti LaBelle knows when to strut her stuff and when to duck and cover. Cameras caught belle LaBelle as she headed into her NYC hotel, cloaked in a ... well, a cloak.

Hours later, LaBelle had a new attitude -- and looked stunning as she hit up Russell Simmon's birthday bash. The legendary songstress graciously explained her earlier hide-and-seek episode, saying, "I was cute, but I wasn't cute," and then happily posed for pics.

Dawn Day

O-M-G, who cares about this old Diva!

Haven't you heard??? Britney lost her kids!!!

WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LEAVE HER ALONE???? WHY OH WHY???!!!

aredcore3

BRITNEY IS NOT A GOOD MOTHER,PARTYING EVERYNIGHT IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT. ALL SHE CARES ABOUT IS GETTING LAID RIGHT NOW. KIDS WILL BE BETTER OFF AND SAFE.

me

Dang ya all, I've lost my young-ins and all ya all are talkin about this old has been.

Britney Spears aka Bad Mamma

jasmine

Its about time. She is out of control. Can we say TRAILER TRASH??????? LOL

He's Boring now

What Patti had an Oprah, or Kelly Ripka moment, caught out in public sans makeup?....we know the makeup and lighting is what makes your looks, get over it.

And quit berating fans at your concerts LaBelle, that hurts your image more than any bad hair day photo does.....for that alone you should be hiding out.

jasmine

OOPS..SORRY PATTY...MY EARLIER COMMENTS WERE MENT FOR THE BRITTANY SPEARS FIASCO. LOVE YA PATTY.

January

Check Your Blood Sugar: Yeah, gotta agree with you on that. I saw that video on YouTube and I was surprized to see her act like that. She really took that whole incident too far. Maybe she was just having a bad night, but that's no reason for her to do what she did. I am still a fan of hers, though.

Irene

1st - Patti Labelle is a little physco if you ask me. She loves the attention & turns on you in a NY minute.

2nd - Why are you people posting about Britney on this site? I cant believe how many people are downright rotten.

Grandma Rae

Patty Girl, You Just Keep on Keeping On. Nobody likes to be photographed without hair and make up, especially when you hit the 50 plus zone! You still ROCK!!!!

Grandma Rae

Sorry about the Spelling Patti!!!!

Selena

Its okay Patti all of us at Pastor Shirley Caesar's church love's you ,anyway you are, we love gal and we understand a DIVA needs her private time.

MaryMichelle

First off,stop comparing Patti and Britney. Then stop being so judgemental. Judge not lest ye be judged. I dont knowwhat ails you all but lets call a spade a spade. Patti is forever'just like luther vandross. Dont get it twisted. Brittney isnt even in the same catagory. Brittany doesnt even have the downpayment to get in this club. Britney has never been to the white house.
I feel sorry for brittany she brought this on herself. You must not covet other peoples stuff. Kevin was with his family to start with. Shar Jackson probably didnt feel so good about her either,but she didnt break up a home. Brittany did. She wanted 2 kids because Shar had 2.
You can take the girl out of the country, you just cant take the country out of the girl! Brittany is acting like she has no home training. She needs her mothers advice, instead she just keeps on tossing her life away and thumbng her nose at everyones advise. She';s so out there now, my fear is that she will start cutting herself , or worse. Pray for her she's God's child too! What a waste. Cant we see this child needs help NOW. I for one will be praying for her. I love her when she's herself. We must take correction,especially correction from GOD. You hang in there sisters!! This is about Love not placing blame. She needs her kids like any other Mother. Grow up folks

AlanG

Staying Power Squared: The Year: 1965/The Place: Mosque Theater, Newark,NJ/The Concert: Patti Labelle and the Bluebells opened for The Rolling Stones.

bobo

Britney who?????? oh well she must not be that important moving on....

Beatles

Does she realize that she will get attention just for covering herself

The photos of her not looking cute would probably have been discarded

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments