Why Britney Lost Custody

10/1/2007 9:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ knows exactly why Britney lost custody -- she ignored the Commissioner at every turn.

Rewind to last month. L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Spears to do a number of things in order to maintain 50/50 custody.

Spears was ordered to meet with a drug counselor -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to submit to drug testing -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to enroll in parenting classes -- didn't do it.

Spears was also required to sign the judge's order -- again, she didn't.

And last Friday, Commissioner Gordon prohibited both Spears and K-Fed from driving the children unless they had a valid California driver's license. Gordon was pissed today when TMZ posted video of Spears cavalierly driving her kids around Malibu.

In short, Spears did everything wrong ... by doing nothing.

FRUSTRATED WITH STUPID PEOPLE

This is the best news I've heard all day!!! At least the judge cares about the welfare of those kids, even if Britney doesn't.

vanzantnm

KevinFederline is no better! He goes out. He drinks. He does drugs. Those poor boys have horrible parents! K-Fed only wants money. He's using his kids to get what he wants. I'm sorry but Kevin is no better than Britney. He's just smarter....

gossipmonger

Surprise! And that happened only now???? www.gossipgonewild.com

Cheryl

Better they are taken away before she hurts them by being a total flake of a parent. Frankly I'm shocked that those kids are still alive. She needs to get some serious help. What are her kids going to think when they get older and see that she didn't lift a finger to keep them or fight for them at all.

Baby Joey

I do believe unfortunately, that this could lead to her untimely death. It's devestating and I hope with all my heart she can physically and emotionally endure.

nobozo

Sprears is a mother by accident -- she forgot to close her legs.
Lossing her children is the best thing that has happened to them since they were welped.

alex

if she's found out to be bi-polar, another set of problems creeps in...these suckers don't like taking their medication.....it's everybody else's problem, never their's!!!!!!

ksmom

And nearby the scientologists get ready to pounce upon their next victim, I mean recruit.

Lilarose

Britney doesn't want to mother her children. She handed them over real quick.

Now she doesn't have to obey any court orders. She can do what she wants, when she wants.

VALERIE CLAIBORNE

I feel for the boys but CPS is invovled and the judge has made it clear what he thinks. This is California and getting your kids taken away and not holding up your end of any child custiody case will end with the offender lossing all rights. I hope Brittney's people are watching out for her, it is a slippery time for all concerned. May God somehow intervein and bless this whole family.
CPS will bury you in a blink of an eye I know this first hand, I just hope the story doesn't end here for any of them. Sometime pride plays a big hand in this kind of case he said she said ..... The one who struck first usally wins. I hope everyone takes a minute to pray for this families healing and that the press will find a way to stay out of it for the boy's sake.

Sparticus

Her nex song should be " I'm just a dumb girl , I can't thelp it!" Those poor boys.

Brittlicker, NOT!

Michael Jackson still has his kids.

Somewhere, a lone wolf howls in the distance.....

Ash

It seems that she doesn't really want her kids at this time. I'm not saying she doesn't love them, but something's really askew when you get as much warning as she has and still ignore it. It seems if the children were her absolute top priority and she'd never let anything come between them ever, like most parents feel, she would have straightened up her "act" NO MATTER WHAT it took. Maybe she's just not all there right now and she knows she needs a break. It's a sad situation.

Everyday Genius

PWNED!

Me

how the heck do you know if she did or didnt do any of these things? laughable......

Also - I love how you put a little plug in there for tmz...yes tmz was where the judge was browing and came across the pic of her driving so got right on the phone......ppppleeeaseee.