Why Britney Lost Custody

10/1/2007 9:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ knows exactly why Britney lost custody -- she ignored the Commissioner at every turn.

Rewind to last month. L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Spears to do a number of things in order to maintain 50/50 custody.

Spears was ordered to meet with a drug counselor -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to submit to drug testing -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to enroll in parenting classes -- didn't do it.

Spears was also required to sign the judge's order -- again, she didn't.

And last Friday, Commissioner Gordon prohibited both Spears and K-Fed from driving the children unless they had a valid California driver's license. Gordon was pissed today when TMZ posted video of Spears cavalierly driving her kids around Malibu.

In short, Spears did everything wrong ... by doing nothing.

NCarol

what's not to get here? Come on folks! This is a blatant declaration....I won't do what anyone tells me because I just don't care orrrr want my kids....I want to have fun with no responsiblilities so I won't have to think. That's what happens to drug addicted spoiled young girls who thinks that the party will go on forever without ramifications. I wouldn't be suprised if she does this ..."poor me, they took my kids away from me story". Booooooo Hoooo....! She is so delusional right now that I believe it won't change until she runs out of money or the hollywood scene sees that she can't put on anymore pathetic shows.

cutiersmgirl

As a recovering addict, I completly understandy why she does the things she does. She needs help. Someone needs to help her. Where the hell is her mother, sister or dad?

ZORRO1930

Just becaus she's famous she can get away with anything?

I don't think so!!!!

janet

who cares

Linda B. Cook

Isn't there a law which states that if a person is a danger to herself or to others, she can be committed by an official for a mental health evaluation. There is here. That precious girl is not well. I have been there and I know the inner agony she is suffering. She is not responsible for her actions and will attempt to hurt herself. There is hope. But she needs to be placed in a safe place where she can heal. Lindsay is making progress. Same game.....different backstory. I pray she seeks help. Where are the people who love her? Why is she left alone to wander around in a manic state? Shaving her head, etc. Hello! This child/woman needs help. Someone please help her.

Leandra B

It's sad to see someone like Britney who is so confused about reality that she believes her press hype. Her children are safer away from her until her emotional age catches up with her chronological one. I have seen much younger people (men and women) do much better with a lot fewer financial resources! Someday she will figure out what's important.
If the average Joe/Jane did what she's done, they would be looking through iron bars, wondering exactly who was taking care of their kids.

LizE

Failure Is Never Final. Please try again, for the sake of your chidren's well being.

james

She is just another piece of garbage who came from the swamps with a mild talent. She should have been sterilized long ago, as should have been her parents. Just forget about her and maybe she will go away for good, maybe she will go home for a while and get eaten by a gator.

mona lee

K-pig should not get anymore money. The court should have ordered him to get a job!!!

ZORRO1930

She's beyond help - she jeopodized her children, so make her pay for it !!!!!!

ZORRO1930

Good idea James - I'm with you on that plan !!!!!

For "getreal," please.....now you're condoning parents using drugs?

How noble of you - next birthday party for the kids, you can serve some cocaine or maybe some meth to all the 4-year olds !!!!

Kat4eva17

There was a time when i actually looked up to her when i was a kid.....i regret it now!!!!

She's so stupid!!! those kids are actually REALLY cute!!!!! how could she lose such perfectly healthy kids???

I hate her guts!!!!

LAWMANTOO

Britany ought to thank her mama for teaching her the basics about being a parent. Oh, perhaps mama was too busy teaching her to be a rock star. Like professional sports, time in the spotlight is fleeting. Then one has to come to terms with the important things in life like ones kids and a REAL career contributing to society.

Lani

What a Louisiana Loser. Tells you how much she cares about her kids......Like the rest of the famous Tards they always think they're above the law and it doesn't apply to them. Well guess what.........Gotcha self smacked by the judge didn'tcha Brit????? As if she cares......no kids, no prob........less $$$ for the nanny and no worries when she comes home sloshed now. Classless Trash.......

totally surprixed,,,,NOT!

Some of you 'bloggers', or whatever the term is, might want to get another hobby. All of us will be judged from time to time, by someone QUALIFIED. I find it hard to fathom how much is focused on Britney and not on the real victims,,,her children. These kids are the real story,,,not her inadequacies to take good advise.

Previous 15 Comments | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments