Why Britney Lost Custody

10/1/2007 9:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ knows exactly why Britney lost custody -- she ignored the Commissioner at every turn.

Rewind to last month. L.A. County Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Spears to do a number of things in order to maintain 50/50 custody.

Spears was ordered to meet with a drug counselor -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to submit to drug testing -- she didn't do it.

Spears was ordered to enroll in parenting classes -- didn't do it.

Spears was also required to sign the judge's order -- again, she didn't.

And last Friday, Commissioner Gordon prohibited both Spears and K-Fed from driving the children unless they had a valid California driver's license. Gordon was pissed today when TMZ posted video of Spears cavalierly driving her kids around Malibu.

In short, Spears did everything wrong ... by doing nothing.

Jenn

Come on Kathy! She had the world - doesn't get much more positive than that! She needs to smarten up and quit keeping "yes" people around her- maybe listen to her mother!

Jossy

YA KNOW, MAYBE SHE WAS TIRED OF BEING A SINGLE MOM AND DIDN'T WANT THE JOB ANYMORE. DO YOU REALLY BLAME HER? YOU FALL IN LOVE, HAVE KIDS, THINK ALL WILL BE PERFECTLY WONDERFUL FOREVER, AND THEN THE BALL DROPS ON YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU'RE NOT LOOKING. MARRIAGE BREAKS UP, YOU'RE STUCK WITH THE KIDS, AND THIS HAS GOT TO BE EVEN WORSE IF YOU'RE FOLLOWED 24/7 BY IDIOT'S WITH CAMERAS. WHATEVER YOU DO IS DEEMED WRONG. I DON'T BLAME HER FOR LETTING THE JUDGE GIVE THE RUGRATS TO THE HUSBAND. SHE'S FREE NOW AND CAN START A BRAND NEW LIFE. THINGS WILL GET BETTER FOR HER, YEAH. THE KID'S WON'T SUFFER, THEY'RE RICH KIDS AND HAVE NANNIES TENDING TO THEM AROUND THE CLOCK. ACTUALLY, THIS IS WHY I DON'T SEE HOW THE KID'S COULD BE TAKEN FROM HER...THEY'RE BETTER TAKEN CARE OF THAN THE MAJORITY OFF ALL KIDS IN AMERICA. THAT JUDGE MUST BELIEVE ALL THE GOSSIP. WHAT A FOOL. STILL, SHE'S FREE NOW AND I'M THRILLED FOR HER.

METALHEAD

I know this is a cliche, but, she fought the law and the law won. There are just too many adjectives that can describe this ill, off the rails terrible excuse for a mother.

Jean Hayek

I am tired of the poor little rich girl bit. She is 25 or 26. She thinks the world should bow at her feet. She broke so many laws I can'believe it took a judge all this time. Thank God he is saving those kids lives. K Fed may want or need money to care for the kids, but at least he seems like he loves them and wants them to live. Britney acts like she hopes to get in an accidnet and kills one so people will feel sorry for her. She needs to be committed by the court to a rehab in a jail setting. Let her see what real life is like. No makeup, orange suit and dishpan hands, for a year or more. And Mom and Pop no money in her account.She needs tough love. or she will be dead in a year or 2. Obviously Mom and Pop let little princess have her way to keep the money coming in. Now they all pay the piper.

blowsmymind

Stop freaking out....as soon as my husband's ex told the judge she was clean (with no proof mind you) he immediately gave her back physical custody of their kids. My hubby even suggested random drug testing but the judge denied that motion. Apparently unless you have money, it isn't necessary. I would not be a bit suprised if once Brit's clean K-Fed has to hand the boys over. In family court it's unfortunate that women have ALL the power. Even joint custody really doesn't mean anything, I have seen this first hand and continue to watch my husband suffer. The system needs to be reformed!! Father's really get it put to them, just pay your money on time and you will be at the mother's mercy for EVERYTHING else. It's so sad, Kevin is just being used here, she is playing her games and having fun, when she's tired of that and misses her kids (could be days, could be months or years, who knows) she will go back to court and have those kids back so fast your head will spin. The court doesn't care who the more "Fit" parent is, the mother comes first. So sad...

Chrissy

I am happy the baby is not with her. She sounds like a mom that is only gave birth. She is too much into her fame to be a real mom.
Sad thing is when the fame is gone she will want her baby back and it is going to be too late then. Beauty fades and smarts remands as Judge Judy says
Brittany your thinking of your beauty drugs, booze and sex. You might want to seek help but then again you might not think you need it. Those are the worst kinds

lisalisatheoneiadore

Lynne & Jamie Spears should be SO PROUD of their little girl!

THIS is what happens when you don't teach your kids about CONSEQUENCES.

mom & dad spears almost make dina lohan look like a good mom.

HOW SAD!!

sah

It's so sad for those little boys. You know they love their mommy & I'm sure she loves them. Does their daddy love them....or does he just want the support & publicity this has all brought about? Maybe they'd be better off with grandparents....people who can give them love and some stability in their little lives.

SOS

I pray that Britney takes advantage of all opportunities to obtain help immediately, before totally self-destructing. She's a beautiful, talented and immature young lady who obviously, was not ready for all the responsibilites associated with good parenting. She loves her children and I regret that they were taken away. However, I am in favor of intervention and hope she gets her life together so that she can be reunited with her children. The children deserve better . . . where are the grandparents in this public fiasco?

Kristina

As Karma goes, "what goes around comes around". I am a mother of two, and there is not one damn thing that would allow me to hand over total custody of my children. She deserves what she got. And if there is anyone in her life that honestly cares that she is headed into no mans land, they dhould help this poor lost cause.

A Blalock

Kevin "below her level?" Are you kidding #820? BOTH K-FED and Brit are uneducated low-lifers......................with one big difference: Kevin at the very least knows how to follow a judge's order.

Kevin not wanting his 1st two kids? How do you know that? Frankly - how do we know ANY of the real details regarding this case? Only those behind closed doors know what is REALLY going on..............Brit's bodyguard for example. He is all over the tube today - blah blah blah about how BAD Brit is - - and he's probably right. All the rest of us are just "speculating." Brit a sociopath? Who made you guys MDs, Social Workers or Psychologists?

VAL STEWART

.............NOW CAN WE CALL DR. PHIL???

Marcy

I think it's sad what has happended to Britney Spears. I am not sure what would cause a mother to spiral this far out of control...but I feel terrible for those two little boys who will no doubtedly bear emotional scars from all of this later in life. As a mother myself, I don't know why she continued down a path of destruction knowing that it would result in losing her children. When I got divorced, I busted my butt to be the best mom I could be for my children and I prepared to fight tooth and nail for them...I really believe that women who don't fight for their babies are mentally ill.

lagirl

She is portrayed in the media as an awful, irresponsible mom. I pray that she makes the effort to get the help she needs or she may wind up dead. I feel so sorry for those children. They are innocent victims in all this. Just because your mom is famous does not mean that she has to be a screw up as well.
Who knows what is going on with her behind the scenes, but it's obvious that her children are not top priority. If they were, she would have done what the court asked of her originally.
Please pray for these children that they will have stability in their lives and live away from the chaos. I pray that someone will love and take care of them.

Veita

Sad to say but what goes around comes around. When she was" playing" play-play momma with Shar's kid and taking pics with Shar's kids and babydaddy and putting it on the cover of a magazine. In time Shar will be doing the same thing with Britney's kids. IT'S CALLED KARMA. And GOD don't like ugly.

Previous 15 Comments | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments