Eldest Hanson Hospitalized

10/3/2007 7:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Isaac Hanson, 27, the eldest of the family trio of the band Hanson, has been hospitalized suffering from a pulmonary embolism, thus postponing their concert in Tulsa tonight.

As the Tulsa World first reported, tonight's show "is definitely canceled." The paper spoke with Ken Philips, the band's publicist, who said Isaac was admitted to the hospital earlier today with severe shoulder and chest pain. "This could be serious, but nobody knows just yet," and added, "We are hoping for the best."

A pulmonary embolism is a serious condition. Blood clots travel to the lungs and can result in death if not treated immediately. Isaac has been hospitalized for this condition before.

Hanson, the family band that drove the kids crazy with the hit "MMMBop," is from Tulsa.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Victoria

He's definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon Isaac.

LAME

Sorry to hear this.

Get well quick kid.

I_Like_Them_Titties

all the best...

qallieq

Sounds Scary... hope he is ok

Bunnie

A friend of mine died from this. All my best to him and his family.

Cartman

Mmmbop to Mmmflop.

I'm just sayin

lizzy

We love you Isaac! Anyone who doesn't know, Hanson has been doing amazing things for AIDS awareness recently. You guys rock!

Lori A Mc

May god be with you and your Family

Tiffany

Best wishes. Get well soon.

Kathy

Sorry to hear about this. Pls. be careful to be treated. It sounds like they should place a sieve in the pulmonary artery to prevent the clot from going to the heart and lodging somewhere. Pls. be certain the Drs. check that this is not Pulminary Hypertension - a rare but dangerous disease if not treated. It has the same symptoms Isaac displays.

I have always been a fan of these boys, well, young men now, I should say. They have set a good example for others. All the best to the family and their loved ones. Kathy

sarahg

OMG!!!! I was just at their concert last night in Dallas and was talking to him and he seemed fine and played great. He did disappear after the walk that they held before the concert, but he played great later on.... I wish him and his entire family luck and love and many prayers for Ike to get well soon. This is crazy....I have a picture with him less than 24 hours old.....

Leela

Why don't we just stick with the good wishes folks, come on, these are good clean decent people. Cletus put a freakin' cork in it. TMZ thanks for reporting this news. I hope Isaac will be okay.

Wicked

Get well soon. Bless you.

Kathy

Our prayers are with you.

*emily*

wow, I hope he gets better really soon, he has a little baby and a new wife...they need him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments