Alec Baldwin Goes Retirement Chic

10/4/2007 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec Baldwin's new crew is hip .. and may also be in need of some new ones!

TMZ caught Baldwin outside of Letterman in New York yesterday afternoon, where he grabbed two seemingly random old folks outside and proceeded to give his "dear friends from St. Augustine, Florida" some tips for posing for paps.

During the show<, Letterman asked Alec about his relationship with daughter Ireland -- the daughter he left the now infamous brutal cell phone message for, released by TMZ. Alec said his friends thought "releasing that [tape] was worse than chewing out a kid ... my mother used to hit us with a curtain rod ... and that video's going to be on TMZ as well."

For those of you who've been asking, TMZ does not have the curtain rod video.

Jeanie

Alec Baldwin is an arrogant, pompous, wind-bag JERK... He's NOTHING like his two very cool Christian brothers Stephen and Daniel. Maybe they can knock some sense into him someday, but I doubt it. What he really needs is prayer... and LOTS of it.

Team K-Fed

This guy is an arrogant f-k

Old School

u people at TMZ are so fugly and rude, saw u on your show last night ( Don't need to ever watch that show again!) and I just had to comment that you all look like Witch Hunters from like the 1700's who do nothing except condem innocent people. The people from TMZ are just wanta-be's who need their 15 minutes of fame. Why do u tear down people? Does it make u feel more powerful then them when u know that u are NOTHING but Witch hunters?
Alex Baldwin was making fun of you last night but I guess u didn't get it!

Positive Dona

MAYBE? SECOND? I HAD THE FIRST VIDEO BLOG 150% DEFENDING ALEC BALDWIN, YOU CAN TYPE IN TO GOOGLE SEARCH TO SEE IT,"HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, ALEC BALDWIN, RESPECTFULLY",BY SPIRITED DONA. I LOVE ALEC!

Positive Dona

I HAVE SEEN ALEC BEING KIND AND TENDER WITH PEOPLE, LIKE THIS PICTURE SHOWS A TRILLION TIMES! I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM WITH, ACTRESS, BRIANA FOISTER,OF NORTH CAROINA ON FIFTH AVENUE, WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE GIRL. IT WAS ON HIS OLD WEBSITE, ALTHOUGH HE COULD HAVE HAD JUST A PICTURE OF HIM AND DENIRO. ALEX CARES.!

Alexa

The white car in the background is a car that Alec attempted to parallel park . He's so funny!

Tara

Alec is a GREAT actor, so funny. Love him. Can't wait for tonight's season 2 premiere of 30 Rock.

kadengirl

#1 HAS GOT IT RIGHT!

Positive Dona

I WAS {DESPERATERLY!} DISAPPOOINTED ALEC DIDN'T WIN THE FIST YEAR EMMY FOR JACK DONAGHEY,{I HAD TALKED ABOUT EMMY NOMS ON MY VIDEO BLOG AND "I" WAS HEADING TOWARD'S ALEC GLORY,I'M SURE ALEC TOOK IT BETTER THAN I. WHILE THIS HAPPENED,ALEC'S FRIENDS AND FRENEMEMYS AGREED HE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE WITH PERFECTION AS JACK DONAGHEY.
BEFORE MY EMMY CRYING, THERE WERE AWARDS "I" GAVE OUT ON MY VIDEO BLOG. TYPE INTO GOOGLE SEARCH,"ALEC BALDWIN AND TINA FEY TELEVISION PAJAMA AWARDS ", SPIRITED DONA SAVES THE DAY AGAIN, AS THEY "DID" WIN MY AWARDS! EMAIL IT ON TO MANY FRIENDS AND FRENEMIES!

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

Alec is a GREAT actor Not

Miss Manners

It's going to take a lot more than posing with some sweet old folks to make America forget how brutal he was to his daughter.

Positive Dona

I LOVE THIS ATTRACTIVE COUPLE WITH ALEC BALDWIN, THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE BEAUTY INSIDE AND OUT. I ENVY AND WISH I HAD A BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP LIKE THEIRS, WITH MY IRISH CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM!.ALEC NEVER LOOKED BETTER TO ME,SMILING, IN A NEW YORK FALL! I LIVE NEAR CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE, WHERE DENNIS HASKINS, THE SAVED BY THE BELL, PRINCIPAL COMES FROM, AND I WAS THRILLED TO SEE HIM EATING ICE CREAM ON TMZ. TMZ YOUR'RE MAKING ME FEEL WARM HEARTED TODAY AND JOYOUS!
GOOGLE "SPIRITED DONA ", {ONE "N"} ONLY IN DONA, TO SEE THIS SOUTHERN WRITER'S Tv GUIDE PROFILE AND SOME VIDEO BLOGS OF HERS. EMAIL IT ON!

dw

his mother used a curtain rod on him...stupid remark, on so many levels.

low-blow to your mom alec...why bring her parenting skills, or lack there-of, into your mess.

emotional abuse....physical abuse...you can't 'rate' which kind of abuse is worse, it's abuse...sounds like you're saying what your mom did to you is somehow 'worse' than what you did to your daughter...emotional abuse as a child/kid can cause a person to actually SEEK out abusers, creating a life-time of problems...stop blaming your ex, and now your own mother, for your twisted need to tear people down when you feel insulted.

Nancy

I hear parents say the most awful things to their kids in stores, the school parking lot, and elsewhere. My mother regularly used unbelieveably hurtful words against her 3 children and......hairbrushes, belts, and the back end of her hand as well. Alec is right in that releasing that tape did far worse damage to Ireland than what he said, which was probably extremely isolated. TMZ played right into that sick Kim Basinger's manipulations.......you guys are like the devil's henchmen...your mother's must be so proud.

Miss Manners

#14 - It probably wasn't an isolated incident. He just got caught. Cowards love to keep bully those they "love" and put on a good show for everyone else.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments