Taylor Hicks' New Gig -- at a Housing Development!

10/4/2007 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor HicksIt's been 16 months since Taylor Hicks won "American Idol" -- and he's really going places -- like the opening of an Alabama housing development!

On the weekend of Oct. 26, people who have purchased land in the The Oaks development in Lake Guntersville will enjoy "an intimate dinner with Taylor Hicks and several other celebrities TBA." Plots of lakefront property start at the whopping price of $49,900! On top of seeing the graying, soon-to-be 31-year-old (who himself owns land in the area), guests will enjoy, "complementary [sic] food, boat rides, bass fishing and more." Soul Patrol!

Poor Season 5 runner-up Kat McPhee will just have to be content making movies!

Seriously

He's on the road to nowhere.

vy

all he would need to do is latch on a hollywood girl (with class that is)and he would hit it! he just has not had the right connection.....put him with jennifer anniston or someone as such,and he woulkd be # 1 in a flash!hey taylor if you read this,call her!!!

Allison's Mom

Dear TMZ, where you live, you can't even buy a parking spot for $49,000. This is middle America. Get real! And why the rude and obnoxious comments from you lately?

JP

That's the problem with shows like American Idol. People become big stars by earning it through hit songs and movies, etc. Not by winning a talent competition. He's like a college grad that gets a six figure job right out of the gate. Most end up not going anywhere after that. American Idol just gives you a brief window of months to do something or you're out of here.

Wondering

Ok...so first off I live and work in Guntersville Alabama. If you will look at the gallery on the link to The Oaks website, you will see why. Taylor Hicks is not a great claim for our wonderful state but at least he does take the time to give back to us....unlike other overnight celebrities. $49,900 sounds like a deal to me compared to the rest of overpriced and inflated america. And look at that view!

CG Van Olsen

Who cares then guy has land which is long term millions = wealth smart business move to secure a solid future - after that whether you get blogged or not who cares - it's all about money

dingdongdan

Hey y'all thanks for yer support an' go out and get yer plot of land on Lake Guntersville! Join me n' my speshul gests for a great night!

Then y'all shake of the next morning groggies an' c'mon down to Taylor's House of Pancakes and Eggs and Sausage n' Grits for a big buffet breakfast the next morning. We'll serve y'all right! I'll be singing here too! I'll sing anywhere anytime, y'all!

Team K-Fed

Well at least he's doing something good for the world...not singing...lol

Whamo

$ 49,900 to live among a bunch of in-bred racist hillbillies. No thanks.

Jean

Taylor getting into REAL ESTATE....very smart! Taylor is awesome, including his concerts. For those who have the nerve to criticize him, try going to a concert. Your mind will be changed.

angie

WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE "HATERS"??? TAYLOR IS A GREAT TALENT AND HAS JUST FINISHED HIS SUMMER TOUR. HE IS HAVING A GREAT CAREER AND
HE'S LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I THINK ITS GREAT THAT HE IS ABLE TO GO BACK TO BAMA AND HELP PROMTOTE THE AREA IN WHICH HE BOUGHT LAND........SO WHAT, IF THE LOTS START AT 49,000.................................IM SURE LAKE FRONT IS A LOT MORE!!!!!

Only swim in the Ocean

I heard fans by the ones and twos will be lining up for his next CD.

Jean

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO 2 JERKS:

#17 - He just finished a successful 9-10 month concert tour and will start on his next album...so yes, he has been singing and thousands nationwide has enjoyed his concert.

#18 - Taylor does not even talk like that, and if he did, who cares? You are such a fake.

me

I loved Taylor, but thought Chris deserved to win, he's really the most successful ex-idol right now. I feel sorry for Taylor, I hope he does better eventually. Now, as for Katharine, she's a SLUT & making movies????? PLEEEESE, she only wishes, IF she's in movies, I haven't heard of them. Don't even mention HER, as I said, CHRIS deserved to win, look at him now!!!!

K-B'zy

Taylor is so down to earth and a genuine nice guy.

I WISH ALL OF YOU HOLIER THAN THOU CALI LOSERS WOULD DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF OF A (popular) BRIDGE.

And TMZ, umm... Aren't you just some fat guy that chases celebs around??