David Hasselhoff Relapses and Is Hospitalized

10/9/2007 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that David Hasselhoff has been hospitalized, as first reported by the National Enquirer.

Rep Judy Katz tells us that the Hoff did have a relapse and is in the hospital, but is doing fine. In an exclusive statement, Katz tells us "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors. He is doing fine and will be back home in the morning".

As for how this will affect his custody case, sources say the children had been in ex-wife Pamela Bach's care for the last six weeks as he's been out of the country in Romania shooting "Anaconda 3."

We're told mediation is scheduled for Thursday.

We last saw the Hoff last Thursday night, outside of Koi with one of his daughters.

Chris

And yes, a person originally chooses to take that first drink- but family history, surroundings and social situations play a part in it as well.

barb

Very Sad!!! I hope he gets through this and bannishes those demons. I do believe he is a good guy. Just has some demons to get rid of.

K. Jackson

And this is suppose to come as a surprise? I'm sick of hearing about him and his ex-wife - they're both losers and need to grow up!

Mick

Since when is he so special, all this crap is boreing. I'll drink to that.

kit

Yes, Mr. Hasselhoff has a drinking problem, and yes, he has marital problems. He is no different than any other individual in this world. The reality is that accepting the problem and getting the right treament is the only way to beat the disease. I have been lucky, husband has been sober 21 years and no relapse. Some others have to struggle but supporting him instead of baggering and cutting him down will not help. So I hope he has family and friends to give him the support to overcome this illness. Has anyone out there ever try quitting smoking? It is just as addictive and difficult. Like the old saying goes, "People in glass houses need to watch where they throw their stones" Keep on trying Mr. Hasselhoff and the best of luck to you on your recovery. "One day at a time"

BobbysS

Keep trying David...Hope is not lost while we are still alive.

Our 12 steps

"My name is David and I am a recovering alcoholic." With these words and the support of the hundreds of people who understand your problem, you can get your life in order. Those of us who have been in the situation send you our best wishes and blessings, in the hope that , even though you can probably never beat it ,at least you will have control over it and live your life to the fullest in happiness.

Laure H

Hassehoff is a big pile of crap, and not to mention a disgusting drunk. And a judge gave "HIM" custody of those girls? I guess it pays to have friends in high places. He has a relapse , yeah right, why not call it what it really is , He got disgustingly drunk like in that video. He is a SICK SICK man. Everybody "SHOULD HASSEL THE HOFF" That's the only way this sick and disgusting bastard is going to get any help.

westwind

was he driving the kit car ? was oj with him ?

billy ray

RELAPSE.....THIS MEANS THAT HE GOT DRUNK AND SHOWED HIS ASS......AGAIN

I love Ellen

A drunk is a drunk is a drunk....maybe he needs to watch the hamburger video again.

Britney the loser

Once a loser always a loser! I Brit should know....

Britney the loser

Grow up Hasselhoff! you are no good! LOSER!

Anthony

Aren't you all tired of the Hollyweird freaks? I know I am.

Wayne Tolen

Hoff
go to AA you putz it will help. put you're rich pride a side and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments