David Hasselhoff Relapses and Is Hospitalized

10/9/2007 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that David Hasselhoff has been hospitalized, as first reported by the National Enquirer.

Rep Judy Katz tells us that the Hoff did have a relapse and is in the hospital, but is doing fine. In an exclusive statement, Katz tells us "David had a brief relapse and immediately recognized the importance of addressing it with the assistance of his doctors. He is doing fine and will be back home in the morning".

As for how this will affect his custody case, sources say the children had been in ex-wife Pamela Bach's care for the last six weeks as he's been out of the country in Romania shooting "Anaconda 3."

We're told mediation is scheduled for Thursday.

We last saw the Hoff last Thursday night, outside of Koi with one of his daughters.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

not a fan

It is a choice to drink. I do not buy this is a disease crap. If you choose to drink excessively it is your own fault if you feel this is the best thing you have to do

I love Ellen

Well, let's see - the last time we had to endure news coverage of this bumbling lush, he was talking to a hamburger. What do you want to bet he's on the tabloid shows tonight chatting with a plate of ribs? Time to check in to the Betty Ford Clinic, Hoff.

Brad Williams

Good for you David.. Hey I might like your music, or acting but as a person you are trying and that's all any of us can do. Best of luck..

BC

doggone

I live with an alcoholic. Trust me, the trips to the hospital and the "I think I'm going to die" because I drank too much are just a big sympathy ploy. Get some REAL help, you're an addict. The sympathy eventually just turns into disgust. He needs a hospital like Bill Gates needs money.

I love Ellen

Number 37 - excuse me while I puke.

Zzythyr

I liked all the Anaconda movies. Nice to hear they're making another one. But Hasselhoff in it? I hope he gets swallowed !

Roger

How is KITT handling all of this?

yourmom

But, did he eat at Wendy's?

Greg

Wow - this guy is such a douche. He is sooooo full of himself!

Leela

Anaconda 3? Heck no wonder he relapsed. Can you say waaay below D-list?

kitty

Keep coming back, Hoff! God Bless you. Been there done that.

kitty

Keep comin' back it works if you work it!

Leela

I went looking for Publicity Stunt's post because people were praising it and I can see why, well put. People still visit Jim Morrison's grave as if he was some kind of saint, the guy died of heart failure at age 28 from the abuse he heaped on his body. Elvis abused his body until he suffered a needless premature death. Bob Marley died because he was part of the Rastafarian religion that doesn't believe in medical intervention so he refused to have a small area of skin cancer on his heel treated and died eventually of cancer. Janis Joplin overdosed. Poor Marilyn Monroe, overdosed hey booze and pills don't mix. Jimmy Hendrix, whose family to this day will not allow his image to in any way promote alcohol and in fact recently put a stop to something of that very nature. So the list goes on and people worship them. Anna Nicole really didn't need to continue abusing prescription drugs but she believed because they were prescribed by a doctor it was fine. Not so much.

Deborah Williams

How many drinks makes a .39 alcohol content?

Christy