Britney Says She's "Scared"

10/11/2007 9:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She's got plenty to be afraid of -- custody, failing drug tests, album sales -- but the biggest fear on Britney's mind yesterday was the paparazzi.

TMZ got Spears going in and out of Cabo Cantina yesterday, where she tried a new tactic to get the paps out of her way -- by continually repeating "I'm scared." As she walked into the Mexican restaurant, she dropped her new phrase at least 15 times as she weaved through paps.

Spears was just as uneasy with paps after eating, needing the assistance of a restaurant patron to get past the wall of photogs to her car.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Sam

Brittney,
You need to get out of L.A. and chill for awhile.

rayfer

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL THESE PAPS IN ONE SINGLE BUS AND IT DRIVES OFF A CLIFF

YOU PAPS ARE DISGUSTING PARASITES WHO DONT DESERVE ANYTHING GOOD IN LIFE

Terry

I agree JBird, never thought she had addiction problem here. She might have partied a bit to much, It's clear to me at least she is more afraid of being alone then with the paps.
Personally I think she just needs to grow up and stop playing dangerous games before she gets so caught up in the dark she wont find her way back.

La dee dee

I understand that a lot of people hate britney spears, or think that the things she does are crazy and her children are better off with Kevin. I do not agree with that, I support britney and I always have, she has some clear issues I'm not denying that but everyone up in her buisness is really not helping. She is twenty-five years old for goodness sake, some of you people should think about your neices, or daugthers or sisters and think about if they were going through something like this, would you still be so judgemental. The paparazzi is always in her buisness, tmz reports on the stupidest things oh OoO Britney carried a regular coke into the courtroom, who the hell cares. You people are mean, you are part of the problem and you really should consider the fact that everyone has issues and problems and she is trying her best but she is watched constantly and her buisness is all over the tabloids

just let it go, get a life, leave her alone

DottieDame

I don't know if it's true that she calls the paparazzi about where she will be or not. However it is quite obvious she not well, most likely mentally ill. If it's true that she calls the paparazzi I wish that the paparazzi wouldn't answer her calls or go where she is going unless it is a celebrity event. They are only adding to her illness and if something terrible happens to her they will feel awful! The situation is dangerous for those who are shopping or driving in the areas Britney goes to as well. If our lawmakers don't want to put laws into place regarding the paparazzi before something terrible happens I sure wish the publications that buy these photos would refuse to purchase them. Send a clear signal to the paparazzi and hit them where it hurts, in the pocketbook!

Lin

YEA... Poor Brit! I love her! and to all of you that say
"How could they know where she is? She must call them and tell them where she is going to be!"
Um NO!! They wait outside her home and then when she gets in her car they follow her!
Doesn't that sound fun? I would so call people and ask for that kind of "fun" to be brought around me! WOOOO!!!!
Keep up the great work Brit!

worm

OH BOO HOO BRIT , YOU SHOULD OF BEEN SCARED MONTHS AGO... GROW THE HELL UP... AND GO INTO MOVIES , YOUR A GREAT ACTRESS THERE GIRL.....

zoom9

Ok, this idea may be really stupid, BUT here goes. My guess is that there are about 20 to 30 repeat Paparazzi's. Maybe she could do it this way. Each time she picks a pap at random and reports it to the police and says she's being harassed because he's in her face with the camera.. She gets a restraining order against only one guy that must then stay 1000 feet away from her. If he comes too close next time he gets arrested. Then next time she does it with another etc. This would create major headlines and be really strange, but I think most would understand why she did it. Not because the Pap are taking pictures, but because they are JUST TO CLOSE!

Would an idea like that work or not? Maybe?

zoom9

What they should really do is pass a new paparazzi law that specificially applies to people taking pictures of celebrities. If they get reported for being too close, or obnoxious then the next time they simply get arrested. Also they should need a special paparazzi license in order to take pictures on a repeat basis. If it gets to the point where the star recognizes them over and over they need this. Then if they break the rules, they get fined.

I'd vote for it.