Ellen Breaks Down on Her Show

10/16/2007 12:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The usually upbeat Ellen DeGeneres was anything but on today's episode of her show -- stopping her opening monologue to give a passionate, tear-filled speech about her recent dog troubles.

After walking on to the usual applause, Ellen quieted the audience and explained that, "Today is a hard day for me ... I am not capable of coming out and pretending to be funny when things are going so terribly wrong right now."

Wiping tears from her eyes, Ellen went on to talk about her ongoing battle with a dog rescue group that took back a dog Ellen adopted after discovering the talk show hostess had given it to her hairdresser.

Tonight's TMZ TV has all the latest on the developing story. Watch today's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to see the rest of her passionate plea.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cartman

Hey, butch up crybbaby! That only works with hetero chicks.

Thanks

Waaah!

You go, Ellen! You did nothing wrong. We support you!

Desease control

This is typical Los angles behaviour..

they are so lonely that there dogs get put ahead of people..

Get of=ver it its a DOG

so what

WHO CARES!!!! It's a dog....

Desease control

I notced this about peole in Loas angles they get way too attached to there dogs beacuse they are so God aweful lonley

they would pass by a dieng man on the street but if its a dog they all rush to help

Peole first not dogs

get over it

its a DOG

The Monkey Zone

Come On Ellen, be a true lesbian and act like a man!

Amanda Leigh

Well, this animal group is going to hell. Upsetting Ellen like that was probably not the best move.... It's such a drag.

K. Jackson

This is so sad! I don't think she intentionally disobeyed the rules - she just wanted the dog to have a good home! I love Ellen and I think she was doing what she thought was right. It's just sad for everyone!

Lynn

I watched the show this morning and it was indeed heart-wrenching. I'm glad my local TV news channel reported on it earlier this morning though, or I might have thought there was something seriously wrong with Ellen herself as I watched her weep. It's nice to see celebrities who are really able to be themselves and not always 'on' for the audience's sake. She rallied right after and was great with Drew Carey and the other guests. I hope the dog is returned to the family she passed it along to. It's like looking after kids - you have to do what's best for the kids and in this case, for the dog as well.

Tangie

How utterly unprofessional. Although I have sympathy for the situation, I hardly think it is a reason to sob your heart out on national television!

Desease control

Gays are all such drama Queens.

she broke the rules and the dog is gone... get aLIFE

toodeep

I think Ellen has other issues! You don't go that nuts on national television over something like that!

Cartman

What a selfish pig this woman is. This dog adoption business is hardly even a story and not exactly tragic. Why don't you cry for all the children starving in the world instead of one kid who won't have her dog for a couple days? Talk about messed up values.

Only swim in the Ocean

No doubt, quit your crying Ellen and shut the hell up

wasted days and wasted nights

I don't want anything to do with dogs because I don't want anything to do with PETA or the dog police. If her hairdresser wanted the dog, well, good deal--for the dog, the hairdresser and Ellen. Is this what we've come to as a nation, busting people for regifting a dog?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments