The Mayer Debate: Ron Paul or RuPaul?

10/16/2007 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer spent the night before his 30th birthday having dinner with a few friends and arguing about the Constitution, presidential hopeful Ron Paul and drag queen RuPaul. Just your typical birthday conversation.

The pop star -- without his new woman, Minka Kelly -- celebrated with friends Sherrod Small (his "Chocolate Rain" co-star), comedian Jeffrey Ross, and "Live Free or Die Hard" star/Drew Barrymore's rumored new beau, Justin Long.

In typical Mayer fashion, he launched into a fake tirade about the merits of Ron Paul and how he avidly reads the Constitution. Somehow, Condoleezza Rice comes into the chat, and a homeless man calls him "John Paul."

You never know what's going to go down when John Mayer is around.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Curtie the Pooh

mmmm....justin long and john mayer.......yummmy...wish they were gay...l would drink their bathwater.....

amy

Ron Paul For President!!!

jen b

Since when did defending the constitution or defending someone who defends the constitution become whacky and weird.

Ron Paul is a rock star (he pulled in 2500 students at his rally in michigan, over 300 people lined the streets in NY just to get a glimpse of him, and he has won almost every straw poll)

John Mayer rocks!!!! I suddenly like this guy.

chchchanda

Whoo-Hoo! I love Ron Paul and I love John Mayer's music. Ron Paul is my hero...if he doesn't win then I'm leaving the country. And if Giuliani somehow wins.....I'm gonna put a Gihad on someone.

amy

Ron Paul For President!!!!

Steve

When Hollywood artists are talking about Ron Paul and the constitution, then Dr. Paul's efforts are paying off. He wants people to remember that they own america, not a few elites who want to get rich in a police state. If we forget the constitution, we'll eventually lose all of our individual rights. I think that working half the year to support a badly-run federal government is already giving up most of our rights.

I just re-registered republican and am voting for Ron Paul. Even if he doesn't win, a vote for him pushes the major players to respect the electorate.

Mark

Mayer sucks... always has. But Ron Paul is absolute class.

PAFreedom

Great to hear other people coming on board the Dr. Ron Paul freedom train. The more people hear, the more votes and support he earns.

It is so refreshing to see an elected official that actually honors his oath of office and strives to see true governmental accountability. RonPaul2008.com

D-

Mayer is a Player. The ultimate player... he'll be in Wilk Chamberline territory in about 2 years.

I thought he hated publicity. I blame his Ecstacy dealer.

David Reedy

To the person who posted #9 "The Constitution is stupid"? You are obvious ignoramus. The Constitution guarantees rights you moron! Wake the Hell up!

Charlie69

Come on Johnny, write a song about Ron Paul and sell it on itunes...Send the profits to the Ron Paul campaign and put your money where your mouth is.

claire bear maureen

Who are you calling crazy? You say that its typical birthday conversation and you know what ~ outside of your crazy ass Hollywood bubble ~ I would bet that it is more typical to talk politics on your birthday rather than stalking celebrities. Seriously.

What makes you think this is fake? Oh I forgot, you are mainstream media and you are propaganda! Bitches. Burn.

And John Mayer, being one of the first of what I'm sure will be many celebrities to endorse Ron Paul in the upcoming months, is my new personal hero.

And for the record, I am not crazy. ;)

myspace.com/clairethatlady

Huber

Ron Paul is the only hope we have of helping America to get back onto its feet. PLEASE SPREAD THIS VIDEO LIKE THE PLAGUE PUT IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK,MYSPACE,PERSONAL WEBSITE!! EMAIL IT TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS POST IT EVERYWHERE TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR RON PAUL!!

Huber