Britney Cuts Deal in Hit and Run Case

10/18/2007 10:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears has settled her civil case with the owner of the car she hit in a parking lot last August.
Britney Spears
The L.A. City Attorney had filed criminal hit and run charges against Spears. Law enforcement sources have told TMZ that if Spears reached a civil settlement, the hit and run case would probably be dropped.

Sources say Spears has agreed to pay the car owner approximately $1,000 for damage plus rental car expenses. Settlement papers are set to be signed on Monday.

Spears has also been charged with driving without a license. Law enforcement tells us that charge probably will not be dropped as a result of the civil settlement.

Nancy S

Looks like she's got herpes of the eye!

Jason

That is such a stupid thing to do, I would have made that dirty ass skank pay big time and try to help kevin keep the kids forever.

NCGirl

I am really happy to see Britney is getting her life together! She really is starting to look like the Big Star she is "Thank Goodness for That". Maybe we will get more about what she has been going through since her split with KFed, when her CD hits stores next month. I know everything has really been hard on her, I've been there! Hope to never go back again. She only has one why to go that is UP!! Love you Britney!! Can't wait for the your new CD! NCGirl

B

good. this whole case was stupid anyway. however, she cud have taken care of it a lot earlier and wouldnt have to deal with this mess.
i hope she gets her kids back. stay strong britney. unlike others, i wish the best for you.

www.bignamesex.com

Dear Britney,
Pull your head out of your ass.

Sincerely,
The Entire Planet

Wicked

Shiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt - I would have sued her for whiplash even if I was in some store shopping or just having lunch. LOL.

TokieMoon

To #3 "Whatnow"

you are as a big an idiot as Brit. She lived in CA for over 7 yrs and refused to obey the law of ANY state in the US. If you make a permanent move, you have about 3 months to get a license in your new home state.

american woman

I honestly hope she can get her life together. It seems like fame can sometimes ruin some good people.

societyisbroken

EVERY ACTION HAS A REACTION...............POSITIVE BREEDS POSITIVE--NEGATIVE BREEDS NEGATIVE- THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES TO YOUR ACTIONS EVEN IF YOUR NAME IS BRITNEY SPEARS!!! WHERE ARE HER PARENTS ??? SERIOUSLY...

lindsay

for those that think it is no big deal to not get a proper license, you must be the type that pays bills late let car tags expire etc...
it is about residensy & laws of the state...
i have mover from state to state & you must get a state lience within so many days ...some states 10- 30 days....she waited 6 years...so she is breaking the law

BRITNEY FAN FOREVER

SHE'S PAYING THEM JUST TO SHUT UP. THERE IS ONLY A SCRATCH ON THE CAR AND THATS IT. IT TAKES LESS THAN A FEW HOURS TO FIX IT. WHAT A JERK THIS LADY IS. I HATE THESE LOSER PEOPLE.

Tom

If this was happening to anyone but her, we would all be in jail. So hopefully the judge will look past that she is a tramp, druggie, a criminal and just basically screwed up and put her ass in jail. They've done right in taking the kids for her, now she needs to see that she is not better than everyone else and cant get away with all of this with about 6 months in jail.

Terry

I wonder if she appreciates the lady was not out to screw her because she has money. I some how doubt it
Right on # 8 by Dontclaimtobeperfect. Dose she ever!

Chuck

I dislike the behavior patterns of Ms. Spears as much as anyone else these days, however I think that it needs to be clarified that she wasn't operating her vehicle without a license. She was operating her vehicle without a CALIFORNIA license. California has one of the oddest driver license laws in the nation which states that if you are in the state for 10 days or more, then you must have a California license to drive and a license from another state will not be honored as valid. She has a valid driver's license from her home state not set to expire for a couple more years. I will guess that probably every celebrity in Hollywood is driving illegally under this rule as most have houses in multiple states.

Britney, I don't listen to your songs but I am impressed by how you have been handling your recent problems. I want to encourage you never to give up. You are still young and have a long way to go in this life, so push on, fight on, baby, because the Universe is behind you. You are the reigning Queen of American pop music and you shall continue being that for a long time. Then you are also going to find even greater fame in movies. Your future is very bright. That is my prediction for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments