Copperfield Reportedly Investigated for Rape

10/19/2007 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

FOX News Channel is reporting that a Seattle woman is alleging magician David Copperfield raped her.

The woman told Seattle police the magician raped her while she was in the Bahamas in July. Because the alleged incident happened abroad and the woman did not report the incident until she returned to the United States, Seattle authorities turned the case over to the FBI. We're told that no rape kit was done on the alleged victim in the Bahamas, which could make prosecution difficult.

As we reported yesterday, FBI agents "stormed the warehouse," and seized a computer hard drive, a digital camera system and nearly $2 million in cash.

David Chesnoff, Copperfield's lawyer, told TMZ, "We understand there is an investigation, we are in touch with the investigators, and are respecting the confidentiality of the investigation."

bill

WOW!!! SOUNDS LIKE MAGIC TO ME...YES, NO, YES, NO, YES, NO!!!

Art

Most people will run to the police asap when a crime occurs. So why the delay? I smell a rat and believe there is a lot more here then what we know. Did the FBI over react. Sounds that way, but again, we don't have the facts. When Ted Kennedy killed that girl, he waited hours, went to his attorney house to plan on how best to proceed, then call this hick Sheriff in this little county knowing they can wrap him around their fingers, which they did.

Did she delay so she can discuss this if in fact this happen, or I we going to see a law suit for money here? Let's wait.

SickofallHollywoodnotalentnobodies

I'm a big fan of Copperfield. I saw him have sex with the Statue Of Liberty before he made her disappear.

moses

i do not believe this. The pursuance for short run wealth has ignited the fabrication of stories that will not only defame stars but make cough out dough to get their names off the celebrity gossip list.am pretty much convinced the story is untrue

confused

This makes no sense to me. Why would the FBI search his Las Vegas warehouse if the rape happened in the Bahama. Items from around the world at the warehouse plus finding 2 million in cash there. hm Sounds more like a smuggling ring operating behind Copperfield's back

Janine

Now you see his hands, now you don't!

Dawn Day

FBI is looking for the smoke and mirrors....

Sir Vertual

I know he owes me like $175.00 + the costs of parking...it's just 'magic' that I wasn't able to find him after his awful 'show' and shake him until the money he took from me, magically fell outta' his pockets...He's the worst 'illusionist' there is...period...

bill

NUMBER 11.. I AGREE WITH YOU....CONFUSED --"LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS'--.. ..KIND OF LIKE THE IDAHO SENATOR..DEAREST LARRY!!

misspink

Wow!! I love David Copperfield, I can't belive he's 51, so good looking.

This I don't believe this for one second. Just like with Kobe, good looking million has a one night stand with some girl thinking she'll be his wife and have a wonderful life with everything they could ever want, when they don't call you back they call it rape.

Carl

FBI = Female Body Inspector

barb

SHE'S A LIAR!!!

AND........Why take money?.............Stoopid

Heather

Ewwww I don't think he's good looking - kind of a creepy small guy, but to each his own.
Hope it's just some money-seeking chick and things get settled asap.

K

Please...the guy dates models as a second job. Who suddenly becomes a rapist at 45 or whatever age he is? Not buying it.

jonell

He did not marry a soopermodel.....Claudia Schiffer got wise to the guy several years after they got engaged, and ended up marrying someone else...has kids with him, too.