Malibu Celebs

On Fire Watch

10/21/2007 5:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron and Olivia Newton-John have been evacuated, and there are many more celebs in the Malibu area whose homes are in danger. Numerous homes along Pacific Coast Highway have been evacuated.

1021_celebs_fire_3_wi-1
The Malibu County and Carbon Beach residents include: Jennifer Aniston, Sting, Bill Murray, Nick Nolte, Robin Wright Penn, Mel Brooks, Tatum O'Neal, Rob Reiner, Goldie Hawn, Linda Ronstadt, Jeff Bridges, David Arquette and Courteney Cox, David Geffen, Jeffrey Katzenberg,Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

The fire is believed to have started when arcing power lines, downed by fierce Santa Ana winds, ignited dry brush around 5:00 AM Sunday. California has had one of the worst droughts in years, leaving hillsides especially vulnerable to brushfires. Over 1000 acres and numerous structures have already burned. More than 500 firefighters from all over the area are fighting the flames -- still being fanned by gusting winds, which are expected to continue for several days. Roughly 200 homes have been evacuated.

UPDATE: Sources on the scene tell TMZ that homes belonging to Mark Hamill, Sean Penn and David Duchovny are all in danger.

The below gallery shows the Polaroid House this past summer. The nearby LG house sustained fire damage.

Susan

The cynicism on here is appalling! Sure some of these people are rich, but a HOME IS A HOME IS A HOME. And for some, like Olivia Newton-John, it is their primary home. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats people!

sheri11

Your ads are in the way of reading and are so annoying, I am leaving this site.

kris

Aniston doesn't own the home in Malibu, she rented a home a few miles from where her Ex husband has a home and by her friend Courtney Cox owns a home, and with all there money who cares, let them burn, save the fire fighters lives, the over paid cow can go rent a new place!

just me

This is off topic but I just had to comment on the annoying floating ads on the TMZ webpage and how impossible it is to read the stories posted until the ads disappear. That SUCKS! Thank goodness People.com, E! Online, X17, Us Weekly and EW.com have not obscured their celebrity news behind these time consuming vexatious floating ads.

tba

All those Malibu "green" residences should know better than to build their energy guzzling mansions in these dangerous areas. They think Mother Nature won't notice.....Sorry, no sympathy here.

Signed,
Al Gore

annie

Sad about any fire but we as normal people we deal with this kind of stuff all the time and we don't have several vacation homes to run to. I do worry about the great people who have to risk thier lives putting out the fires God be with them.

Roe Roe

# 68 Sure a home is a home but, when my husband and his friends are fighting that fire and they are getting hurt. Who cares about a structure with pictures on the wall. At least they will have the chance to build new memories with the people that they love. These 4 fire fighters that have been burned is not only afeecting them but their families.
Let's pray for the them!

I wish nothing bad to anyone!

Kristy

I see alot of bitching here about celebs on TMZ.com I think the little people got nothing better to do..GROW UP!

Me

I just called the Fire Chief and he said my house may burn down, but Starbucks is safe.

Whew...close call, y'all.

Lauren

I was just at AIDS walk with Katzenberg. Also, my parents recently sold their house on Carbon Beach so I guess they got out at a good time.

LT Dan

Let Kardashian smother the fire with her big fat ass. Then we wont have to see her on here anymore. TMZ sucks,

tba

Do you think any of these celebrities give a crap if your apt or your 3 bedroom rancher catches fire? So, those of you who criticize us for criticizing these celebrities for building in environmental sensitive areas.....Call James Cameron and ask for sympathy when your house burns down.

Carol D

#76, California does have a lot of natural disasters but hurricanes are not one of them

jluce

Linda Ronstadt hasn't lived in the Malibu Colony for years!!!!!

Hal

Wonder if any of them would care if a fan who helped put them in celebrity status lost their home in a fire! I think not. I do not, however, want anyone to be injured. God bless the firefighters and keep them safe.