Pierce Brosnan -- The Name is Battery Suspect

10/30/2007 2:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pierce BrosnanTMZ has learned the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is investigating Pierce Brosnan for allegedly battering a man in Malibu.

The incident allegedly occurred outside Casa Escobar last Friday in a Malibu mall about 6:15 PM. We're told Brosnan allegedly committed a battery on Robert Rosen, a photographer.

According to Rosen, Pierce was there with his kids, when Rosen began snapping photos (see below). Rosen says Pierce then said, "Why don't you get a real f**king job." Rosen says he then started complimenting Pierce on his Bond roles.

A short time later, an enraged Pierce allegedly told the photog, "Why don't you f**k off, mate," and then struck him in the ribs. A witness says the pap instinctively reacted by kicking Pierce -- we're told, in the stomach.

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore says his department is "actively investigating" the matter and will be referring the case to the L.A. County D.A. for review.

Brosnan's rep was not immediately available for comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

joe

THE PROBLEM IS BIGGER THEN THIS FINE ACTOR AND HIS RIGHT TO PRIVACY AND THE PAPPAZZI MAKING A LIVING.THERE ARE GOING TO BE MORE GRIM SITUATIONS AS A RESULT OF THESE CONFRONTATIONS AS EVIDENCED BY THE DEATH OF PRINCESS DI. THAT WHOLE SITUATION IS OUT OF CONTROL AND NEEDS MEDIATION .

Evacuator De Colon

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who cares about this dope?? Not even a real "star"...

Tell me about my Britney!! Oh Brit-Brit...I loves you SOO much, Brit-Brit.....please never change, baby!!

(Orenthal however is a turd colored nutfilled loaf of utter turdom and I shall evacuate up on his huge forehead and upon all those that front for him. GILL-TEE in civil court the first time, GILL-TEE in Nevada court this time...lovin it)

Call me, Britney! Kisses!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVACUATE!!! >>>>>>>>

Glisten Garbor

Has been!

Vivi

I don't blame him...I mean, seriously, how far are these guys going to go at invading privacy? We all talk about celebrities, we all want to know about them, but at what cost? That paparazzi probably deserved the punch, and so did the TMZ reporter deserved to be runover by Britney Spears...I don't like her but how could she possibly drive with so many people surrounding her car? And what about Lady Di? None of the paparazzi died during the accident...Seriously, to what cost?

aSiF

Shame Harvey, this is a totally trumped up story. No grown ass man is just gonna snap like that in front of his kid.

kay

the guy should be able to go to the mall with his kid without photogs jumping out at them. . .go pierce!!! Show em whos the boss!!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Oh well. Bother someone and you'll get bothered back. Didn't you guys learn this in kindergarten? Why should there be no reprecussions? I don't blame Pierce one bit.

Standards are badly needed.

Yeah, the photographer didn't get right up into his face and was just minding his own business when this all happened.

Your'e Fired!

It wasn't him.........It was BOND.......James Bond!...................

AUNT DAR

THIS STORY JUST DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT...
WHY WOULD HE GET MAD ABOUT A COMPLIMENT?
HE SHOULD BE GLAD HE WAS EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED...
HAS TO BE MORE TO IT THAN THIS....

Kobe_No_Means_No

Photographers are so cool. I want to be a photographer so I can go around complimenting people.

Leave Brittney Alone!

Awww, my poor Piercey Wiercy, he's misunderstood like I am, I'll set him straight.

fussi

Seems to me this has been would appreciate ANY type of publicity.

CTC

Something is fishy. Who's the source for the story? The paparazzi himself? Unless the paparazzi was harassing his son I can't see Pierce attacking the pap in public. Stay tuned for more details and the truth.

Christie

This just does not sound like Pierce at all. He is usually the friendliest most polite person. Also if you look at the pictures taken beforehand, he looks in good humour and enjoying his walkabout. I'm betting the pap said something that set this off.

Give the guy some peace. And he's NOT a hasbeen - he's fabulous!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments