Dog Begs for The Rev

10/31/2007 7:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DOG CHAPMAN, AL SHARPTONTMZ has learned that Dog the Bounty Hunter has already contacted Rev. Al Sharpton, hoping to explain the racist telephone call Dog made to his son.

We're told The Rev, who is currently preaching in Daytona Beach, Fla., and hasn't heard the tape, is considering having a dialog with Chapman, but will not make his decision until he has a chance to listen.

UPDATE: TMZ has received the following statement from The Rev:
"Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network and the organization's Decency Initiative are unequivocally against the use of the "N" word in any context. While people have the freedom to express themselves in any matter in private, when those private conversations become public, it becomes our responsibility to state, as we always have, that we condemn the use of this word as racist and derogatory. Dog the Bounty Hunter has reached out to Reverend Sharpton who is traveling to promote his March on the U.S. Justice Department on November 16th against Hate Crimes and Racial Attacks and therefore Rev. Sharpton has not had a chance to hear the audio of the remarks. However, until he does hear the audio, National Action Network maintains that is against the use of the "N" word."

Story developing ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tt

Isn't AlSharpton the one who scrawled racial signs into the stomach of a black girl and reported as a rape by a white person? Who is he to judge anyone. He is a loser and always will be

sonja

Oh, Dog is goin' to have to kiss a lot of #@!?! And, it will make no difference whatever! That ship has sailed.

laura walker

Unbelievable!!! As a black person its good to know where he stands. I'll never watch that show again. What a jerk.

sfpapillon

First. Dog goes wild. hehehehehe

varrick

So he calls up another racist Reverend Al. Oh boy, who's the bigger racist. Me thinks Uncle Al is. But anyone that did what dog did especially in his position has to be stupid.

dave

I think its over for the dog and his tv show. However I would still like to se beth and those big tata`s

Michael

Dog is in BIG DooDoo. The tape is what it is. Someone needs to buy Rev Al a lap top or an iPhone. What does he mean that he hasn't heard it?

bjs

Oh dear God!! If it wasn't going to be blown out of proportion before, just wait and see what happens when Brother Al get a hold of this! Holy Crap!!!

What I want to hear is what was said BEFORE he said what he did...there is still no excuse for his language though.

And btw, who the hell released this to the N.E., ya know it wasn't Dog. Makes ya wonder what the son and girlfriend were up to anyway.

Wicked

Can we all spell D A M A G E C O N T R O L. Lots of cash at stake for Dog Chapman. Well, squirm your way out of this or not Dog. You still said what you said...those filthy racist words should never come out of your mouth in the first place.

I will never watch his TV show again. I think everybody should boycott it.

I DEMAND DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER BE TAKEN OFF TELEVISION.

ROLL OVER DOG....IT'S OVER NOW.

Alana Joy

So why do people think that after making racist remarks, Al Sharpton is the one to call? I dont get it. Is he like, the mediator between races or something? He said what he said and he should suck it up, MAYBE apologize publicly FOR HIMSELF and move on. He screwed up. Live and learn. Its like Mel Gibson all over again, begging for forgiveness. But thats how they really feel. They arent sorry for anything but their own loss.

*Click on my name to check out my blog, if you're into FASHION! Thanks!

xo

cha cha

WHO CARES!!! can you not britney today, tmz....is this why you are trying to run with this story? why does everyone have to get al sharpton's blessing anyway. he is going straight to hell.

Stupid drunks

I have no hate or love for him. I have never even seen the show. But I am also intelligent enough not to make the assumption he is prejudice because of one conversation. I have said a lot of bad things that could have been taken offensively in a private heated conversation. I can't understand why everyone is buying this as fact and believing he is a prejudice prick when we do not know the full story or the full conversation. I can't believe nobody has ever said anything wrong on a phone conversation that could have been taken the wrong way. I have said jokes and used prejudice statements in light to friends....things I would never say to anyone except someone I was close too and new how I am personally.

Demi

He should not have used that word. However, people who are typing their comments and acting as if they are holier than Dog are all hypocrites! Every person has used some type of stereotype or not liked something about a race at one point or another in their lives.

Lisa

It looks like we now see the true Dog Chapman. He tries to come off as such a reformed person on the show. His son has the right to date and or love whomever he chooses regardless of race. That is such a denigrating word to Blacks that should not be used by anyone! I for one will no longer support Dog Chapman or watch one minute of his show. He is a disgrace and I hope A & E cancels his show for good!

oxyclean

DOG?
Forget it.
It's over.
Go spend your zillions and kick that meth habit.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments