Nick Hogan Rocks Hot Rod Show While Charges Loom

11/1/2007 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Hogan made a very public appearance with fast cars at the big SEMA car show in Las Vegas yesterday, just one day before Florida authorities say his criminal case could be moving forward -- and a short time later, Polaroid, the sponsor of his drift car, dropped him from its roster.

While his pal John Graziano, the former Marine who was critically injured in the souped-up car Hogan crashed on August 26, remains in a coma in Florida, Hogan spent the day kibbitzing with fans in the NOPI Drift Racing Booth at the show.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the case against Hogan could go to the State Attorney as soon as today.

Meanwhile, Nick's dad, Hulk Hogan, spent Tuesday night partying at the Playboy Club in The Palms Hotel.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

I THINK THE COPS WHERE HE LIVES OUGHT TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR LETTING HIM GO SO MANY TIMES.

KatieF

To the people that said Nick's passenger was partly responsible because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.... As the driver Nick Hogan was/is fully responsible for any and all passengers in his car!

Steph

What's all the fuss about? It's not like his friend is a total mess...Nick said only his head was hurt..the rest of his body was perfect.

SP

geez - The head is the most important part! John is a vegetable, and Nick's statement about how it was just his head that was hurt shows his mentality and his mental capabilities. On the other hand, Nick is operating without brain function so he probably does not see the need for a healthy brain.

Kyle

Its sad to say but they need to pull the plug on his "friend" before this goes to trial so he can be charged with manslaughter. The guys going to die anyways and I guarantee the hospital bills that the hulkster is taking care of is to make sure that they dont pull the plug. Cant be tried twice for the same crime.

SP

opi - It is the personal responsibility to of the driver to ensure the safety of all passengers. This includes not driving wrecklessly as well as making sure all seatbelts are fastened prior to turning the engine over - one of the first lessons I taught my teen driver.

The lack of seatbelt did not cause the accident, wreckless driving did. Though I have to admit that if John had been wearing a seatbelt his injuries quite possibly would have been less severe.

Whether or not Nick loses his license, he will still be out there driving. The Hogans believe they are above the law ... and so far nothing has been done to prove otherwise.

SP

Do not pull the plug! They can charge Nick with anything from wreckless endangerment to attempted manslaughter before his friend dies ... and then after he dies they can charge him with murder. Two different crimes, so it does not violate the double jeopardy law.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

Him iz fiine. Him jus hit him's hed. My sistur tol' me hee'd be up an arownd in no tyme -

Chek out my blogg! i am kewl!

Ted

Looks like he's saying... DUHHHH

alana

ok.....i read a statement from john graziano's mother and she said that nick and john met over their love of fast cars. maybe this is nicks emotional outlet.....? being around the cars that him and his boy both shared love for......? dont get me wrong, nick SHOULD get in trouble. im a mother of 2 young chioldren but i know when they start driving.....I WILL BE ON THEIR A**ES TO BE SAFE DRIVERS!!!! no strret racing for my munchkins here.....good luck nick! and best wishes to the hogans and grazianos!

Tyler

I hope they throw the book at this kid, maybe then will he and his parents realize the seriousness of the situation. Spoiling a kid rotten with no consequences for bad decisions and poor actions is not parenting. His "deer friend" is a vegetable in a hospital bed because of Nicks reckless driving and here he is at a car show, WTF???

Kirby Alexander

Any person who gets in a car driven by this genius is in for a hardddddd lesson.
my dad became an invalid due to incompetent people like this guy.

Boo Hoo

Must be nice.....Nick at a fast cars show.......Daddy Hogan at the Playboy Club. All the while their friend lies in a coma. I guess their glad it wasn't them that got hurt.

Boo Hoo

You would think that some where on that strip that they raced their car on that a camera would be available. All those businesses around there and no camera picked up what happened?

Linda

Hulk Hogan was names "Father of the Year" well then why in the hell would a father allow his son a souped up car to drive on the streets when any parent knows that any teenage boy wants a racey car to drive on the streets so they can show off and ESPECIALLY Nick who drives race cars off the streets, should NOT have been allowed to have any kind of a sporty car that he feels he can show off in on the streets. What sadly happened was partly his parents fault!!!!! I have an 17 yr old son that needed a car and of course the cars he was interested in were the firebirds, mustangs, etc. But I knew that if he had any of those types of cars the chances of him wanting to race someone or speed were 100% likely so I said "no" and got him a Ford Explorer. Not that it would guarantee nothing like this could happen but the chances are less because of the type of car. "Father of the Year" I don't think so . . .