T-Pain Is in T-rouble!

11/2/2007 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T-Pain, whose song "Kiss Kiss" with Chris Brown currently tops the charts, was arrested Friday morning in Florida on outstanding warrants.

According to the Tallahassee, Fla. Police Department, the rapper was in town to perform at an event in June when cops saw the rapper driving. After running his record, it was discovered that he had a suspended license, so they issued a warrant for his arrest. He turned himself to the Leon County Jail this morning.

24-year-old T-Pain, whose real name is Faheem Najm, was reportedly charged with driving on a suspended license. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance.

UPDATE: A spokesperson from Jive Records issued this statement: "T-Pain was given a few traffic tickets several years ago for minor infractions (speeding ticket, running a stop sign, failure to pay etc.). These were mistakes that Pain made as a young man that just received his driver's license. He did not have the money nor the knowledge at the time to take care of them. The "arrest" this morning was him voluntarily turning himself in. It was scheduled with our local attorney and coordinated with the jail. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance within a few hours. He is in transit to his show tonight at the University of South Florida in Tampa and will not miss any scheduled engagements."

JaimeNTexas

15. T-Pain just keeps messing up! What's he going to do now? Release yet ANOTHER half assed apology song, where in the end he is really blaming everyone else? Fat chance! I hate the way his voice always sounds so mechanized. Can he even sing without all those filters to make him sound good? There are plenty of artists out there that actually have some talent and who wont screw up like he does. Maybe its time we start supporting THEM!

THAT WAS AKON YOU TWIT. And the underage girl was in a 21 and up club with a fake ID. He didn't even hit it...where the hell was her parents at?

T-PAIN is somebody totally different dear. And that's his niche..The damn Voice Box...you have no clue of R & B history so I won't go into who Roger Troutman was and what he did for music using that same mechanized sound you talked about. R & B Music that is....T-Pain is doin the same thing...not better than Roger...cause nobody could do it like him (God rest his soul)

Weirdenstein

WHO?!?

Whatever

Whatever, That man is Handsome, its a mug shot. You guys are always hating on the black man with money. Just can't understand how he got it huh. It doesn't matter as long as its legal. White people think of some crazy stuff to get rich too. Its all about the mighty dollar!!!!!!!!!!
He' doesn't care if you guys don't like him. He has more money than you guys will ever have.

Sparticus

RETARD!!!!

Gaffle 'em, Kobe!

Who's T-Pain? He only had the hottest R&B song of the year, and #1 on the Billboard charts.

OCD

....and immediately upon his release, his posse were waiting out front in his car. He then drove sedately away from the po-po.

NYNY

Here's an investigative idea for you HarveY & TMZ.......JUST EXACTLY WHO ARE THESE LARGE CORPORATIONS AND THEIR EXECUTIVES WHO ARE HIRING & PROMOTING TALENTLESS AIRHEADS, FELONS AND THESE OTHER THUGS THAT ARE WRECKING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY??????? HMMMMMM??????????? I WANT TO KNOW THAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!

gg

More like "Teddy bend his ass down" now !!!

Today is a good day - I've been waiting for this Reardon

don

WOW a rapper in trouble what a surprise

how dumb

To JaimeNTexas:

Roger is dead???? Are we talking "I.. wanna be your man.. I wanna be your man" Roger??? Oh no!!! I didn't know... he was one of my favorites back in the 80's! What happened to Roger??? .. I see u on here a lot so I will look forward to your answer.

I can tell you this. I do not like a lot of hip hop music (but my husband does so I am exposed to it a lot). And I absolutely LOVE T-Pain!! His voice sounds so awesome, and I know I love it BECAUSE it reminds me of Roger! I actually bought the CD! T-Pain is awesome ,and he's in so many songs I can't even keep track.

He doesn't strike me as thuggish... but I don't know much about him.

But people - if I KNOW WHO T-PAIN IS>... he must be well known.... how can u question who is that guy???

JaimeNTexas

Yes #27 He was killed by his brother a while ago. Sad thing. That's why I think T-Pain is growing on me cause he bringin that style back.

College Grad

@don
ur right....yeah thought that only drugged out white women got in trouble....what was I thinking. Cause driving w/o a license is way worse than driving DUI or under the influence of coke!

Cyndi

When T Pain was in Tallahassee in June the "Thug" was raising money for charity. He was suppose to donate a portion of the proceeds but in the end he donated all the proceeds from the concert. I don't think he is a bad guy.

JaimeNTexas

Oh and to answer your question about the Thug in him...any man that dances like he does all over the damn place can't call himself a thug. Look at the stuff he talks about. Being in love with a stripper, and a bartender, wanting to buy drinks for chicks so he can screw em later...thats sounds like a typical man to me. Nothing thug about that. Thugs don't dance. They go to jail or die...a real thug anyway.

I am Just Sayin..........

ALANA, I believe you have him mixed up with Akon. T-pain did not make an apology song.

Also, THE SOUTH, I do remember that Britney and Paris both were driving without license and a suspended license, so it has nothing to do with being a thug in Atlanta. Therefore, it is not a black issue.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments