Drew Carey's Got the Right "Price" for Pot

11/3/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Forget controlling the pet population, new "Price Is Right" host Drew Carey has his own cause -- medical marijuana. Come on down!

The funnyman teamed up with Reason.tv to take a look at the trendy area of Brentwood, Calif. to show how someone can find a place to buy an alcoholic or heavily-caffeinated beverage on nearly every corner -- while the federal government is cracking down on something that can treat the effects of cancer, glaucoma, HIV-AIDS, chronic pain and nausea. Let's see a mocha frappuccino do that!

Carey is hoping the government will reclassify medical marijuana so that those who need it can get it. Maybe he should just give an ounce away in the Showcase Showdown!

Star

Penisforbrains---perfect name for you Are you a doctor? Do you know that everyone can take the medicine you are talking about without side effects... um no so shut the hell up

PenisforBrains

Also, you know why Pot will never be legalized, ITs begause of Drunk Drivers. All we need is a bunch of idiots high on pot not paying attention tothe road . Driving all over the place weaving in and out , looking for a Wendys! We had a 16yr old kiddrive off of a canyon road in my area last month because he was lit,,,,,,,,,,,,,he lost his ability to drive........POT is NOt the harmless drug that you all are making it to be.

Star

So its ok for Alcohol to be consumed FOR NO REASON AT ALL but its not ok to smoke weed to help the pain?

PenisforBrains

notaSTAR,,,,,,,i am am .M.D. and pHd...................Penis for brains I use to describe the low foreheads that read this.

PenisforBrains

Star ,the Pill of MJ has no more side efectsthat smoking pot,,,,,,Oh, damn,! Except,,,,,,,,,for NOT GETTING HIGH!,,,,,,,DARNIT! there it is! You cant get high on the MJ Pill,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn, thats no fun is it?

Star

ummm you are reading this ....

Star

notaStar?? Strange Im glad your not my doctor if you actually make up a screen name just for posting online

PenisforBrains

well i have to go save people from their own mistakes,,,,,,too bad I wasnt there to save your parents, eh?

Barack

Out of 20 comments posted Star, you have 8 of them. Way to kill a thread on an
important topic. And, none of your comments were even remotely informative or
intelligent. Why don't you start you own blog? Or, get a room w/your buddy, BFP? Goodbye.

Star

you are a doctor that insults people huh good doctor

Star

you must not be reading my posts because they made a lot of sense and your comment congrats,,, yeah really informative to the topic

Brama

I don't see the harm in just legalizing weed. There are far more dangerous drugs out there including alcohol.

Do they realize that the drugs that are being used for pain are far more addictive? Percocet, Vicodin, Oxycontin, etc.... Those freaking pills will hook you in a blink of an eye and ruin your life!

So some people wanna get high, so what! They're going to do it anyway.

Bob

Mister Penislessbrain speaks for the narrow-minded judgmental idiots who normals avoid like the plague. I`d gladly donate a few of my own as would many others I`m sure just to give him a nice dose of "wake the L up"! The majority rules on this one though, which is encouraging. Alcohol, tobacco, crack, cocaine and methamphetamines....pick any one of the five and any choice puts marijuana to shame on the damage or danger scale. Wake up and smell mother nature "powers that be" ! Get Your Priorities In Line With Reality !

honesty

The reason medical marijuana is illegal is because of the drug companies and their control over the goverment, via lobbying. It is so much better for the drug companies if you have to pay them 12 dollars a day for oxycontin (chronic pain reliever), and blow out your liver, kidneys and other organs, than for you to grow your own pain killer in your back yard, that works better for chronic pain, and doesn't hurt out those other organs, so you will not have to pay for other drugs to repair that damage.

beefcake

Star you are an idiot. Plain and simple you are an idiot. You have already shown the world your ignorance so why don't you just shut your piehole. I used to smoke pot (high grade chronic) daily for years. Throughout college and on into my professional career. I stopped a while back because I figured I had had enough. During that time frame I shared the same views as you thinking pot should be legalized. Now I realize that is not the case. Why don't you just be honest with yourself and admit that you just want to get high. Not because you are in some kind of pain, but simply for the thrill of it. Life is much clearer off the stuff. It sounds like you are already burnt up though. If not I would suggest you try and abstain. By the way you really are a mornic idiot.