Seinfeld to King: "Do You Know Who I Am?"

11/3/2007 5:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's hard to tell when comedian Jerry Seinfeld is joking and when he's serious, but he looked a bit perturbed when Larry King mixed up his details about Jerry's classic show. What's the deal with that?

On Thursday's "Larry King Live," the King asked Jerry if "Seinfeld" was canceled back in the day, and Jerry seemed genuinely shocked that Larry (his "Bee Movie" co-star) didn't know. "You think I got canceled?" Jerry shot back. "=I was the number one show on television=, Larry ... 75 million viewers in the last episode." Clearly, Larry is not master of his domain.

As Larry played it off and went to commercial, Jerry threw in one last zinger: "Can we get a resume in here for me for Larry to go over?" Zing!

Angiebaby

Judging by Jerry's response he no longer considers his talent, nor his run with Seinfeld, a treasure, but rather a trophy. Too bad. I am always a bit melancholy to see people I admire fall from their own grace.

italocindy

I sure hope Oprah publicly whips Jessica Seinfeld with her gifted shoes when she has to admit to her vast audience that this book was plagerized!

name withheld

This was just about the funniest thing I've seen . Ego, anyone?
I just wonder if Larry thinks he can interview everyone like Howard Stern and he thinks the American public want to see his half truth interviews.

mark

Jerry's comments were totally out of line but CNN should have taken King off the air 12 yrs ago. He's not that bright and is oddly enough a horrible interviewer.

kimmy7

Honest mistake! Please. He's supposed to be the greatest on TV. That was an insult to Jerry.
Larry is obviously too old to keep up the pace of this show and his young family.

sickofitall

Larry king is proof positive that you don't need a neuron of sense to be perversly successful in this country.What a tired geezer.And Seinfeld,back off,for Christ sake,you're worth a quarter billion dollars! Who cares if this fossil never watched your bloody show.It came on past his bedtime.Jesus,relax.

Donna S.

Ummmmm.........yeah, we know WHO you are! A guy who was a stand-up comdedian who got his own show on TV, that you did a lot of bad overacting on and that was highly over-rated!

Get over yourself Jerry, it's not like you are famous for doing anything really important and now people hate you for being mean and rude to an old guy!

Eldon

Larry King is courteous and doesn't challenge his guests. In other words, he acts like a gentleman.

Seinfeld was just plain weird and tacky. It was bad manners, plain and simple. Did he snort some coke before the show? I dunno, but something was way off about his demeanor.

Alexa

Ebert gave Bee Movie 2 Stars. The movie sucks!

Carolyn A-B

Seinfeld's show glorified self-important slacker yuppies in a lily-white faux New York. While some elites lapped it up, make no mistake, this was not the great American sitcom. For Larry King to not be conversant with all its hype is no crime.

Jeff

Jerry....LET ME AT HIM! Where is George at too? I have been looking for these two!

Matt Damon

You People are never Happy!

KELLIE

im a fan of seinfeld....and his sitcom,SEINFELD...but my god...he seems arrogant and conceited..THE WHOLE WORLD DUSNT REVOLVE ROUND YOU...JERRY!

mrogi

Jerry Seinfeld is smart enough to know that Larry King often prefaces his questions by stating the obvious. That's long established interviewing technique. By overreacting, Seinfeld was doing a comedy bit. That became clear when he dropped the all time classic line, "Do you know who I am?"

Jan

Larry seems to be more informed on gossip and knows more about Anna Nicole Smith, Howard K. Stern, and Larry Birkhead than successful sitcoms.