Judge to Rita Cosby -- Something Fishy

11/6/2007 9:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has ruled that there's a lot of evidence that former MSNBC anchor turned author Rita Cosby crossed the line in writing her tell-all book about Anna Nicole Smith.

Howard K. Stern is suing Cosby, claiming she defamed him in the book by saying there are witnesses -- two nannies -- who say Anna Nicole had a video of Stern and Larry Birkhead having sex.

A federal judge in the Southern District of New York issued an order today in the wake of Stern's allegation that Cosby "sought to tamper with two witnesses by offering to pay them thousands of dollars for their testimony." The judge allowed Stern to probe the allegation, concluding he has "presented substantial -- indeed troubling -- evidence that Cosby has sought to improperly influence witnesses..."

In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said <"I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown."

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

Deb H

Chuck wrote: ...Does Stern and Birkhead have anything to hide? Maybe...maybe not, but most, if not all the denials are from Howard K. Stern. I don't trust either Birkhead or Stern! Both are sleazy at best. Don't forget, Howard K. Stern is a lawyer, and can come up with all sorts of BS to tell a judge to try and discredit Rita and make the judge question her motives. Rita would never stoop that low to sell a book.

Well Chuck, do you know Stern and Birkhead? You say they are sleazy at best. I do not know any of the parties, but I have followed this from the beginning, including reading many, if not all, the court docs. It is my opinion, that certain individuals, including Rita, have made it their mission to destroy people, mainly Birkhead and Stern, just because they believe that Daniel and Anna met with foul play. BUT, what if they did not? What if their deaths just happened to be a tragic coincidence? I am not saying that they did not meet with foul play, but what I am saying is that people are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty! Rita and others, IMO, have condemned HKS right from the get go....AND this is WRONG! Anna, as it appears to the public, has had drug issues long before HKS. To try and pin him for her death just to satisfy what they believe to be the truth, is again wrong! Now if HKS did something criminal, he should be held accountable, just as Rita should be held accountable for her actions. It appears to me that Rita was caught red handed on that tape and yet she has had hardly any press condemning her and in fact, she and her former co-workers attempted to put the focus right back on HKS! Again, this is WRONG! Talk about sleazy...It is my opinion that the sleazy ones are Rita, VA, O'Q, Clark, Shelly, Hattan, and let's not forget Opri, etc! IMO, a truly disgusting bunch who, when all is said and done, will have to answer for what they have done!

No human being should be subjected to what HKS has had to endure. NO ONE! AND I do not believe for one single minute that that was not Rita on that tape....IMO, it was crystal clear that it was. I'm not saying that Lincoln and Nanny's are entirely credible, however, IMO, neither is Rita!

Renee

Rita should have left the gay stuff out. The rest i believe. What a fool she is. But Howard is still a murderer

what

This is a great book. Most of what is written is true. After reading the book you continue to say Why. Most of the information in the book was known before it was written Mr. Bains had the Nannies on his show and , He stated he knew all along the Howard was gay. I think he said recently I told you he was gay months ago. I really don't care who is gay or not. Many have come forth since and said their truths. Moe has said Howard gave Anna drugs, Moe said he was threatened in letters from Howard and L. Wood. Others have said they where treatened. Larry made threatening phone calls. The Nannies feared for their lives, cause Howard was trying to find out where they lived. . Those who worked at the Horizons spoke of Howards meaness to Anna. . The body guard has stated he was telling the truth when he talked about the deal Howard and Larry made about Howard becoming the Executor of the Will. Perhaps Larry was lieing when he spoke to Vergie trying to cover up his greed. But I think Larry is a shady character with a shadier past. I believe he has an addiction problem, and needs rehab. We all know that he is ashamed of his sexual preference. This is a pitifull man. I pity Larry bacuse of the mess he has made of his life with his bad choices. I believe the State should take Danielynn from him to protect her. Moe said Larry gave Anna drugs as well.

Shaun Schlich

I would like to see the video.

Deb H

Rita...Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help you god? Are you willing to take the fall for all of those who fed you bologna (JMO)? You really should stop trying to minimize what you said...it never works IMO. You know what I mean? Here is your chance to escape the spider web alive...may Thursdays Depo set you free. TELL THE TRUTH! Sure wish I could be a fly on the wall as L.Wood attempts to chew you up and spit you out! UhHum...You know what I mean?

NoodleMonkey

They are ALL guilty of something. It seems impossible that not a single person in Anna's life acually cared about her more than money and 5 minutes of fame, but sadly, it's true.

Madeline

In most incidences there are at least 2 sides to every story. You have Cosby's side and version of what may have happened and Bain's side of the story and version of what may have happened. In my opinion, I tend to believe Cosby's version of the story. I believe Cosby trusted Bain's and company, and she unknowingly uncovered more details in this saga and they were brought to light. I believe Cosby was very stunned with her discovery. In my opinion, how many of you who read these blogs and are aware of the players would think Bain's would haver acted this way towards Cosby? In my opinion, Bain's actions surpised me. His actions were unexpected in my opinion. I will not accuse Cosby or anyone of misdoings. I leave these matters to the court of law and the professionals. The court is where it counts. IMO

Shelby

Chuck ,

Tell that Bull S**** to someone who's gonna believe you, do you think we all are fools ? your friend Rita got caught on tape bribing witnesses did you not hear it ?

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22