The Curse of Tom Bergeron?

11/6/2007 2:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Is there a "Dancing With the Stars" curse? Tragedy seems to have befallen several cast members recently.
Dancing composite
Just last week Marie Osmond infamously fainted during a live broadcast, and today word came that she sadly lost her father, George Osmond, patriarch of the singing Osmond clan. And Jane Seymour's mother passed away last month.

These unfortunate incidents are just a few of the woes faced by these women since joining the show, Jane also had to skip an episode due to food poisoning and very nearly lost her home in the Malibu fires last month.

Marie and Jane haven't been the only ones to endure The Curse: Sara Evans left the show during a painful divorce, Stacy Keibler suffered a seizure while promoting the show and -- worst of all -- the unfortunate bout of tanorexia suffered by "Dancing" staple Cheryl Burke.

Make it stop, Tom Bergeron! Jane Seymour

Veggie4life

This is sick. Really sick. I know TMZ thrives on being sensational, but this crosses a line. I hope the comments from people reflect that. There just are some things you don't make light of.

AUNT DAR

WOW...
HOW TERRIBLE FOR THE OSMOND FAMILY..
HAD THE FATHER BEEN ILL?
THIS IS IN NO WAY TOM'S FAULT! THERE HAD TO BE A BETTER WAY TO REPORT THIS... SHAME ON YOU TMZ....

Elliot

I agree, this is just cruel and needs to be taken down. TMZ, your job is to report on celebrities and the lame stuff they do. Having your parents DIE is not something to make fun of and trivialize. You should seriously be ashamed. What were you thinking? How cold do you want this world to become?

metropony

What the hell were you thinking when you created this post? There isn't anything relevant, connected, newsworthy, funny, or even remotely worth this being on your site. It's just cruel and stupid. Take this post down.

Laura

dude. not cool.

not cool at all.

mommy plus 2

I agree with the others, this is very sad news and should not have been reported in the manner in which you have.
To the Osmond Family, Deepest Sympathies to you and yours.

annoyed

Tasteless. Classless. And judging by some of the writing, you may add"clueless" to your resume'. Does anyone on your writing staff have any morals or ethics at all? Does anyone at TMZ know what the words "common decency" means? Are the editors all out to lunch? How can you print such tasteless garbage and think it's funny?

notaceleb

TMZ, why are you sucking eggs while blaming Tom Bergeron for something that isn't his doing? Your jerk-off writers have been idiots for a while, and this site is really beginning to smell like crap. It's starting to have an odious stench to it.

So, I don't care if you pull my post because of what I said here without too much cover-up. It needs to be said, and you need to hear it. Anymore of this nonsense, and I won't be back.

The bad thing is TMZ has too many lawyers who know how to legally skirt decency without breaking the law so the site can get away with just crapping loads on celebs.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

God, how strange is this? Last night when I was watching the show while Ms. Osmond was dancing, I saw this man in the audience and I thought to myself "Is that George Osmond in the audience?' and I thought how nice that he'd come to see her dance.

Say what you will about the family, from what I gather, the late George and Olive Osmond worked hard to raise decent kids. My sympathies are with the Osmond family.

Go Away Paris......You are a SKANK

OK TMZ.........Dont sink to tabloid lows blaming a shows host on two innocent ladies losing their parents. Dont blame the host on Marie fainting or any other mishaps that happened on the show. I have the upmost respect for all of the stories that your company has posted but when you drum up crap like this, it makes me want to stop looking at the website. The show or the host didnt cause the deaths of Janes or Maries parents. Putting devil horns on the host......come on TMZ.......delete this story and put it in the oops we made a mistake drawer. Use your resources to place a sympathy story for the loss of the Osmonds father. Do some good with what you have instead of everything needing to be trash, trash trash. You get failing grades on this one. Whoever wrote this story needs to grow up a little.

Admirer of Pictures

I will repeat what others has said: SHAME ON YOU, TMZ
TASTELESS
GARBAGE

boredatwork

TMZtards hard at work I see. Where's Britney? Did'nt she get gas or coffee today? I need to know!!!!!

TrimSpa Baby

I've had enough TMZ. This is pathetic! Hey everybody try www.x17online.com. They have MUCH BETTER pictures on their website!! They're not as hateful either.

Carmen

This is how you announce someone has died?? This is just plain hateful and mean. A parent of someone has died and you think this is funny?
I don't come here to see this kind of evil.
This just makes me really mad.

I hope Marie and her family or Jane and her family don't read this crap. My heart goes out to them and I'm sorry for their loss.

I don't know either of them and haven't followed their career, but I don't have to in order to know how sad it is when you lose a parent.

I just feel like keeping on writing because of how sad I am that you guys would do something like this. You owe all involved an apology.

Team Jay

I have to agree with everyone....this is just tasteless. I'm all for smut and gossip, but poking fun at tragedies and heartache is too tacky. Please remove it.