Pet Seller in Chyna's Doghouse

11/8/2007 1:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ChynaA word of advice from Chyna: "Don't buy your dog on the Internet!"

The wresting reality star tells TMZ that last April, she paid $4,000 to a web-based Chihuahua co-op in Phoenix, hoping to find a tiny companion for her two pups, Honeysuckle Honeybunny and Bambi Roo. But by November, no four-legged friend arrived.

So rather than go all Ellen DeGeneres on the folks at ArizonaPups.com, she took her gripe to Christina's Court -- and won! The episode airs November 19.

Now Catherine Knell, owner of the site -- which does not permit buyers to pick up dogs in person or inspect them before paying -- is pissed.

In an e-mail to TMZ, Knell says: "We have sold several other puppies to Chynna [sic] with no problem. Her most recent order was cancelled after our cobreeder wanted more for the puppy once he found out it was going to Chynna. Because we're a coop, each Breeder has an individual responsibility to provide delivery of their pups. Another problem arose when we found out that one or more of the pups previously shipped to her had died after escaping into the street. As Breeders and animal lovers, we are always concerned about alleged cases of animal negligence or abuse. We agreed to appear with her on Christina's Court to resolve this issue and believed that Chynna was a friend. That court episode turned out to be an ode to Chynna with video clips and photos from her various ventures shown during the kangaroo courtroom happening. We quickly found out that Christina merely wanted to turn the event into a lovefest for Chynna and had no intention of giving us a fair hearing. I guess she hoped that Chynna would boost her ratings (good luck on that). Judging from her lack of concern for us or the pets involved, the only thing Christina should be judging is Michael Vick dog fighting contests." Ouch!

Though Knell can't properly spell Chyna's name, her website continues to use the star's unauthorized "endorsement" to promote their business.

Steven

What kind of FOOL would pay 4k for a dog, when there are zillions of dogs, purebreeds and lovable mutts being killed every day in shelters.

(a stupid celebrity, or a stupid SNOB, that's who)

noitall

INTERNET ANIMAL SALES OF ANY KIND SHOULD BE ILLEGAL !!!!!!!!!

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE SHIPPED ACROSS THE COUNTRY / WORLD IN A SMALL, DARK, DISGUSTING BOX !!???!!

THIS PRACTICE IS TOTALLY INHUMANE AND SHOULD BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!

PT

ewww!! how nasty!! And the dog just finished licking his own azz!!

Madeline

I have had chis all my life. I have learned that responsible and good breeders do not ship. I also have rescued chis that come to live with me until they go to rainbow bridge. . I love this breed. I have two puppies now,and they looked like the furbabies pictured above only much smaller and are full grown now. They are sweet. I respect the chihuahua breed. Owned chis since I was 14. Grew up with chihuahuas. Love this breed. Always have one in my lap. My breeder will not ship a furbaby ever.

Ashley

Go to an Animal Shelter! All of my dogs have come from a shelter and I feel like I have saved a life and found a best friend at the same time. The majority of these so called breeders are just puppy mills where these poor dogs are horribly treated. I have a good friend who is a true dog breeder and she does a background check on every applicant and does an in home inspection herself before she will sell one of her dogs to someone and her standards are very rigid. Anyone who does not do this and who will not let you come to their facility is hiding something, it's called a Puppy Mill! I will ALWAYS rescue a dog or cat before I would buy one from a breeder. I wish that everyone would do this so we can help save the lives of these poor animals.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4