Evidence of When Kanye's Mom Died

11/12/2007 3:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources have confirmed to TMZ that Donda West, rapper Kanye West's mother, may have died either on the operating table or shortly after the procedure while in a recovery room.

Here's what we know: Sources tell us several months ago, West was scheduled for cosmetic surgery and she had been booked at Le Palais Chantique in Century City, a posh, hotel-like recovery center. We're told West postponed the surgery and therefore never showed up at Chantique.

There are two high-end recovery centers in L.A.; Chantique and Serenity in Santa Monica. TMZ has confirmed West was not taken to either facility this weekend.

If the fatal mishap was the result of a cosmetic surgery procedure, we're told the likelihood is that the complication arose either on the operating table or in the recovery room. The critical time things typically go wrong is in the first two hours after surgery.

blessed and highly favored in Memphis1-2

My thoughts and prayers are with Kanye and his family. The death of a parent, especially a mother, is a life changing ordeal. God will see you through and the things that doesn't breaks us, serves to make us stronger.

Stay strong young soldier!

Blessed in Memphis

Marilyn

People, stop being haters!! That is those of you who hate the fact that he is confident in who he is. I honestly don't see him as a person that thinks he is above all others. I see Kanye as someone of modest but gifted appeal. So haters, get yourseves a dose of self-respect and self-confidence and cap on YOUR talent and gift. Find out what your gift is because you have been blessed with at least one.

Kelli

So sorry, the death of a Mother forever changes a child.

Wicked

However this happened, it's a terrible thing. I feel so sorry for Kanye.

I was considering cosmetic surgery, close in age to Donda, I doubt I will do it now.

RIP Dr. West.

Sherie

This is so sad to hear. My mother died almost 3 years ago on the operating table. It is a horrible thing. My prayers go out to her family.

Kevin

Kanye, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. You are in my thoughts.

Kate

This is a tragedy especially if you think she died from an elective cosmetic procedure. People should take this more seriously and not think of cosmetic surgery as something minor. My prayers go out to Kanye & the rest of the family.

Anne Frank

Ladies, this tragedy is one more reason to think long and hard before you undergo plastic surgery. As a straight male, I consider plastic surgery to be a real turn-off. Would Donda West really been more attractive with whatever "work" she was having done? And you young women, stay away from fake breasts. There are complications from those, too, and even if things go well, you're stuck with these bouncy balls on your chest that make you look BAD.

bob

Wow told us alot in that post.... So we have that she died, and that If it was at a medical facility it could have been at either of the two. Not only that but it could have been in the OR! Sweet good reporting....

Dawn

I cannot imagine the grief Kanye is going through right now. I read this last night and this has been in the forefront of my thoughts all day. Those two were so close based on all the interviews they did, what a tradgedy for Kanye! God bless you and your family.

baby girl

Time for a dirtnap.

death on a cracker

FAKE!!! this isnt his mother... thats a picture of him with his gay uncle.

creeped out

To All Who are affected by this tragedy my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of grieveing.
May God Bless you.

*Heather*

R.I.P. Ms. Donda West. Poor Kanye, loosing his mother. That will change a child forever. My condolences to you Mr. Kanye West.

lala

Im sorry to hear about your mother kanye
maybe now you won't feel so above the rest of the world
you are a person just like us & you need to realize that your not immortal to tragedy

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments