Martha Stewart's Mom No Longer Living

11/17/2007 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart, Martha KastyraMartha Stewart announced on her blog that her mother, Martha Kostyra, has passed away. She was 93.

She simply wrote, "I am very sad to tell you that my mom passed away. Here's a tribute to Martha Kostyra -- Big Martha." Martha's mom appeared with her on "Larry King Live" back in 2003.

Martha announced on her show last week that her mother had suffered "a small stroke" and was hospitalized.

Beavis

BTW Quote # 69. Name calling just makes you look immature and uneducated. If that is the best you can do. Go back to school!

Also TMZ Kicks A*S*!!

Joanne

God Bless you Martha and your family during this most sorrowful time. Your mother was always a joy t o watch when she appeared on your show. Although it will be hard, I hope that you continue to grace us all with your wonderful ideas, magazines and your show. I love to watch it every chance I get, I wish it still aired at 11:00 AM in Philadelphia, I used to watch it daily while at the gym running on the treadmill. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Amy Silverman

Sorry for your loss-very sad-you'll be in my prayers-a very nice and intersting lady.

SHE'S AN ATTENTION WHORE

I don't like this Martha Stewart, but she deserves better than this. Regarding articles about people passing on, it never ceases to amaze me how insensitive TMZ writers are. Not only do they write articles that are disrespectful (saying "someone is no longer living" is a poorly worded & bitchy way of saying "passed away"), but apparently they are mean spirited about it (ex - putting the supposedly gay teletubby next to the headline when Charles Nelson Reilly passed away recently). I think that they're emboldened to do so, because they hide behind the title "TMZ Staff" for their stories; they can HIDE behind that title and don't have to put their name out there. So, they can get disrespectful, mean spirited & bitchy, and that douchebag Harvey Levin lets them get away with it.

Rot in hell, TMZ writers; you're all wussies and lowlifes. Better hope Douchebag Harvey doesn't let you go; you all couldn't get a LEGITMATE job if your lives depended on it...

trish

VERY SORRY TO HEAR THE BAD NEWS ABOUT HER MOM ALL MY PRAYS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Jan

Sorry for the loss of Martha`s Mom....she must have been so proud of her daughter.

AlwaysHungry

Prayers to Martha and her family

the lost

If I ever commit a major crime, I want to go to the prison that Martha went to. It was a women's prison and pretty nice as far as women's prisons go. They had a paper making contest, I saw it on TV when Cybill Shepard played Martha. Martha's group won because she's an interior designer. I want to go somewhere like that. But I'll have to kill someone first. I don't want to go to prison for money laundrying or fraud. It's not worth it.

YES REALLY!?

I L♥VE MARTHA SHE IS A STRONG WOMAN.HER MOM RAISED HER WELL.
♥R♥
♥I♥
♥P♥
♥MARTHA'S MOM♥

Frank

Dear Martha, Your mom was just as beautiful as you are.

chismosa

Just shows how life passes like a river and never know when it will hit a wall. Live life now and say your sorrows later.

My heart goes out to M. Stewart.

Mark

Sorry... I know the feeling.

h

My condolances go to Martha and her family...its very hard losing your Mom and I hope that your memories and fun times with her will forever be in your mind and heart.

and for the rest of you if you don't have anything "nice" to say -- move on to someone else
..there's plenty more here on TMZ that would deserve your tirades of BS--just look and
read if you can.......

Vivien

I am really sorry for your loss. Just remember how much pleasure you gave her.

Charlotte k

I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. She was a doll and I was always glad when she was on your program. I know it will be hard, especially with the holidays coming but your family will be there with you. My dad is in a nursing home, 104 years young, and I know I will be very sad when he dies. He is still very alert also. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Charlotte K.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments