Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

Madeline

Bless his heart. I guess he thought life goes on, but when he tried to sing the song, "Hey Mamma", the pain was to much for him to bear. You can see he is hurting bad from the loss of his Mother. The loss of his Mother is so new. He will need some time to cope better with it. God Bless him, and I hope he can find the comfort and strength he will need to get through this sad time.

Tangie

How ridiculous...why would he sing that song, or even do any shows right now? He just wants attention.

m

poor kanye, i really feel sorry for him, why did his mother have to have plastic surgery if only she had stopped to think twice ...

why?

What a sad thing to watch, my heart goes out to Kanye. To those people writing senseless things, remember that a man just lost his mother, and she was very young. She will never see her son get married or play with her grandchildren. This strong mother raised a man by herself, and achieved a remarkable career through the hard times. No one or their jokes can take that away.

Let's all be human for one minute.

Cyndy

..some of us haven't faced grief yet...but we will....

MelissaInTheATL

That video is very moving. I am not a fan of Kanye's at all but my heart and sympathies go out to him. He obviously had a wonderful relationship with his mother and I can't even begin to imagine that pain and heartache that he is feeling right now. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Kanye is hated indeed.

Indifferent

I think he didn't give himself enough time to really mourn before trying to pull off performing "Hey Mama". I lost my mother suddenly last year, and I can definitely relate to what he's going through - it's hard, especially being close to her.

If anyone feels something against Kanye, now is not to time to point it out. The man's in pain. Have some dignity and keep any negative comments to yourself.

Afan

I'm not a Kanye Fan, but the video brought tears to my eyes. It's tough loosing someone so close, and Kanye's mother was to him. It's going to take awhile to heal.

A tune about mom now is poor song selection - I'd be demanding money back from West - & time for him to give up racism & gay bashing.

Pennie

My condolences go out to Kanye and his family.

Nicolette

For those who are questioning Kanye's need to perform during such a time as this, y'all need to realise that there's no manual that offers step-by-step guidance on how to make it through the grieving process. I went back to work within days of my mother's death because I thought that occupying my mind with day-to-day activities would somehow take the edge off my pain. Of course it didn't work but it was something I had to find out for myself!! Quit questioning the young man's actions and if y'all have nothing good to say, SHUT THE HELL UP!!! I feel your pain, Kanye and I'm sending you some Jamaican love!!

truth be told

The show must go on...get it together!
I dont understand the first few comments. Where they making fun of him but then changed it b.c of the backlash on the comment board? TMZ = p*ssies///At least be like Perez and stick to who you are.
Also Mo money mo problems. . It's true!

Yvonne

I know it hurts, but as times goes on look to the Lord and it will get better. I love your Kayne, may God bless you.

Insert comical name here

Very sad. Scanning thru the comments however I didn't read near as many saying he was cashing in on his mom's death as I read when Maria Osmands father died and she continued to preform. I feel for both of them but he does seem to be getting a lot more sympathy. Maybe we expect her to be stronger because she is older? Speaking for myself I would have taken time off to mourn in private in both cases.