Hulk on Divorce: "Holy Smokes"

11/24/2007 8:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hulk HoganWrestling star Hulk Hogan didn't learn of his impending divorce from his soon-to-be ex wife Linda -- but rather from a reporter in Florida. Whoa, brother!

As TMZ first reported, Linda filed the papers on Tuesday. But when called for comment by a St. Petersburg Times reporter, Hulk simply said, "Thank you for the great information," and hung up.

The Hulkster called the paper back five minutes later and said, "I'm kind of shocked ... You caught me off-guard. Holy smokes. Wow, you just knocked the bottom out of me."

The couple went through problems on their VH1 reality show, but eventually reconciled.

Francis Fears for Life in Florida

Joe FrancisA day after it was revealed that Joe Francis accused Oklahoma Grady County Jail guards of torturing him, the "Girls Gone Wild" founder is now making similar claims about his stay in Florida.

Francis, who is currently in jail in Reno, Nev., tells Page Six, "I fear for my life if I have to go back there ... I think I would have been dead or I'd be drooling in a cup." A tad dramatic, no? Francis tells the paper he was denied toilet paper or meals, and said, "They treated me like I was a terrorist," he said. "They'd put my food just out of reach and laugh with each other, 'Oh, I guess Joe wasn't hungry today.'"

Joe is awaiting trial in Reno for federal tax evasion, then it's on to Florida to face charges he used two minors in a sexual performance -- though both girls later admitted to lying about their ages.

Terrence Hustles His Way to Broadway ... Sony Ordered to Pay $5 Mil to the Man Who Discovered Meat Loaf

Oscar nominee Terrence Howard is set to make his Broadway debut in February as Brick in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." According to Gatecrasher, the production might also star Phylicia Rashad and James Earl Jones ... Steve Popovich, the man who first signed Meat Loaf and released his classic "Bat Out of Hell" album, must be paid $5 million in damages after Sony Music didn't include his company's logo on re-issues of the album.

Dog is a racist mutt!

I wonder what the correlation between ravenous Hulk fans and Dog fans is? Betting there is a lot of crossover. And their kids are probably Brit fans. Chuckleheads!

LongJohn69

Splain this one more time. Is he NOW going splitsville or did he reconcile. The story confuses me about the real time line of events.

AZ MOMMY

Joe is a weenie and a crybaby. Be a man and pay the consequences of your actions.

Hal

Joe Francis - Nothing is too "good" for you, sucka. You're getting what you deserve.
Go Guards!!!!

SPOOKS69

JOE FRANCIS IS A INSANE. WHAT AN EGO. WE MUST THINK SOMEONE CARE ABOUT HIM.

DaveRog

What a waste of a man (Hulk Hogan) for all those years of studliness, now he's another middle aged guy going to be out on the prowl, after losing at least half of everythng.
Guys, let this be a lesson...marry older, have fun when you are younger.

As for Joe, since the two girls in FL have already said they were lying, then why are they even discussing Florida? He's going to be put away for awhile anyway, you don't mess with the Feds.

Barack

I don't believe that Hulk didn't know. "Thanks for the great information" and then he calls back the newspaper. Who does that and why? Phony baloney. From what some of you commenters have written re their reality show, this marriage was doomed. It happens, reality show or not. The divorce rate is rather high across the board, famous or not.

Joe F is a big cry baby! And, he must have hired a really, bad lawyer.

Deb

I agree with some of the comments and think that this divorce is somehow related to Nick's accident and to save money from the future lawsuit. I used to really like this family, but they are not taking any blame for the accident. I blame Hulk and Linda more than Nick because they let him start driving at an early age and also encouraged his need for speeding by letting him race. He is much too young to be racing.

As far as Francis goes....you reap what you sow.

egriffin

Hulk isn't a favorite these days but even so, that kind of messed up for him to find out about the divorce like that! His wife didn't even have the guts to tell him to his face! Sad.

Jeezlouise

Joe Francis, I have a daughter who is just entering puberty. To me, you ARE a terrorist. Making millions out of tricking drunk young girls to strip. You're disgusting.

The Maven

Linda is shameless gold digger. Regarding Joe Francis, I laughed out loud when I read that part. Joe, for future reference, you reap what you sow.

Steph

IT'S ALL ABOUT HIDING/SPLITTING HIS ASSEETS TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE IMPENDING LAW SUIT OF THE NICK'S VEGGIE FRIEND.

PHONIES!!! FAKES!!! CHEATS!!! LIARS!!!! HOGANS!!! BOLLEAS!!!!

MSKAT

Linda, for the Love of God & Terry...you're only going through a middled aged crisis, your gonna be 50 get over it, O'm 54; now that you will later regret your descisions....That episode where Terry SPILLED his heart out to you in front of millions of viewers...I wish to God I could find a good decent, loving man like Terry...Believe me honey they are few and FAR between!! You leave him now & you will never get him back because he is a proud man & you will have more than driven a stake through his heart...You will kill his trust in women & love altogether...Stop the show if thats whats causing the problem! THNINK LINDA,,,He gave you antthing you wanted & this is how you treat him!

shawna in jaxs fla

hulk shouldive filed along time ago before linda....shes a money hung biatch that when the moneys out she runs.......whatever u do hulk dont take her back...she will do it again...

THE FAN

The Hulk truly loves Linda, you could see that from his jealous behavior on the show when she hired the personal trainer who made some messed up comments to the Hulk. I also noticed what a devoted father he is, not to mention how much money he spent on his daughter to get her career started. However, something happened to cause Linda to abandon her marriage of 20 years or more, and unless someone who lived in the home comes forward with the answer, we can only speculate the cause of the breakdown in the marriage. In addition, she has a right to half of their assets, just as any wife or husband in the same position would.