Quiet Riot Singer Found Dead in His Vegas Home

11/26/2007 3:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DubrowLas Vegas Metro Police have confirmed to TMZ that 52-year-old Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for 80's metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead in his Las Vegas home.

We're told one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Fellow band member Frankie Banali posted this message on his website: "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot was the first metal band to top the Billboard charts and are perhaps best known for their cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize"

ThraX

I cannot believe someone would actually say they are happy he died by "Britney's Dad" that's horrible to say about someone even if you weren't a fan of his music. I was a fan of Quiet Riot and it's a very sad loss.

Jammin'

The album "Metal Health", like it or not, was the single most influential record in boosting the metal genre. Prior to its release, record companies would not give a metal band the time of day.

If anyone is a Metallica fan, please pay your respects!

AxeGrinder

Quiet Riot and Kevin DuBrow kicked ass, they were/are a great rock band, these negative posts that are here are sad indeed, people have no respect for one another, theres nothing funny or entertaining about it, Kevin was a great vocalist and frontman as well as a nice person, idiots that don't know squat about a person personally, would be better off to reserve their remarks.... R.I.P. Kevin you were one of the good ones.. Franki, Carlos, and Rudy my condolences to you all.... D.R.D. Axe Grinder

Cartman

Bummer. 52 is way too young to die.

RIP Kev

Thanks

DJ

ThraX,

I agree, why would anyone be glad to see someone dead? That is just so wrong. Peace.

Jammer

Didn't he have "Metal Health" problems?

Veteran Cosmic Rocker

Kevin's death is indeed sad. They and Def Leppard made metal MAINSTREAM in 1983 with Metal Health and Pyromania respectively. Metal Health is still a great album today. QR had two million selling albums Metal Health and Conditon Critical, both great albums. Britney's dad will burn in HELL! Britney should OD and spare us. As Iron Maiden said it "Only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever".

tessiegirl

How callous can people be!! A relatively youngf man dies and all some of you can think of is how lucky you happened to see him a few weeks ago. I hope his mother or father doesn't see your comments.

Vera

My heart goes out to his family and friends. I grew up in the '80's, and always enjoyed their music. It might not have been a band to hit the heights of fame as some, but they rocked! Some people are just too cruel with their comments, and that is a damn shame. Please think of others as you would like to be spoken of if you died.

Frosty1

Rest in Peace Kevin.In the 80s I was fortunate enough to have access to a Belkin/Budweiser membership. I got to see everything from Aerosmith to Y&T including some Q>R> shows along the way. Kevins contribution to Heavy Metal was freakin Huge!! To those who oppose, all I can say is you had to be there. Eighties Metal is a memory: Long Hair, Budweiser,Strawberry Mescaline,purple mics and Red Bud. Rip on us all you want . I'll always be a happy eighties "HAS BEEN"--Frosty1

Rick

What a shame. He was too young.

In response to Jammin. Quiet Riot was a pretty decent band and the radio certainly loved them but to say Heavy metal bands wouldn't be touched by record companies prior to this is silly. Have you ever hear of Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Motorhead, Judas Priest, the Scorpions, Motley Crue, Saxon, Def leppard, Ozzy, or Black Sabbth (with Dio)? All of these bands had top 10 selling albums in 80, 81 and 82, all prior to Metal Health in 83.

JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin

Good post, #52. Most (if not all) rock stars never live too long. They die young, or they fade into nostalgia acts. They age very badly. It's not a great lifestyle.

I always did like Quiet Riot's one hit, Come on Feel the Noise.

Larissa

That just sucks at least he is in a better place

RIP

krista

I am truly sickened at some of the above posts..... I am saddened about the loss of Kevin Dubrow. I have seen them (Quiet Riot) in concert a few times and was lucky enough to party with some of the members.Kevin will be missed.

If you didn't like their music or you are just an idiot please don't post anything that can hurt Kevin's friends and family during their time of mourning. My god if someone you loved passed you would not like to read blogs and posts from loser people. although I am sure they (friends & family) know that only idiots would write something so hurtful and hateful during this time.

Bushwacker

To all the Family, Band Members and Friends he will be missed.....
The Grateful dead said it best in one of thier many great songs.
Fare the well, Fare the well, loved him more than words can tell...

If you can't say something good and positive...say nothiing at all.
A person has died and others need to grieve and remember good.

RIP, Kevin. Thanks for the Memories!