Fainting Spell -- a Fake?!

11/27/2007 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources on the set of "Dancing With the Stars" tell TMZ that Marie Osmond's fainting spell was scripted -- to the point where she had a writer just off camera feeding her lines when she stood up!
Marie Osmond Faints
Our moles say Marie has a writer on set at all times, prompting her with witty conversation. One on-set source says he was in position when Marie went down -- and didn't miss a beat.

And get this -- Marie, we're told, is seriously on the hunt for a "successful guy." We're told she's asking some highfalutin people if they know someone who's available. Marie is divorcing hubby number two.

Marie's rep tells us that reports of a writer on set are "absolutely false." "There is no writer on set feeding her lines," she says, "Her manager is there and we (her publicists) are there but no one is feeding her lines." As for a fake faint? Her rep says that's "ridiculous. Why would anyone fake fainting on a live TV show? That show happened during the wildfires and Marie has allergies, there was smoke in the air which was extremely toxic. The trailers for the show are outside the stage and she was breathing the air. It's happened before." And lastly, the rep says Marie is NOT on the prowl. "She's going through a divorce," we're told, "She's not looking to meet someone now -- she wants to spend time with her kids. Dating is the last thing on her mind."

Deb

Good grief. I have heard it all now. Whoever this "mole" is on the DWTS set is obviously lying and trying to sabotage Marie. That is what's obvious. I think she is going through enough at present and deserves to be respected and left alone. Whoever started this rumor should be ashamed. Given, she has received a alot of media attention lately and is not the best dancer on the show, I still think that she is a great entertainer and has done a great job! And, even if she does win by getting the popular votes, so what. She's wouldn't be the first one to win the show who wasn't the best dancer and she won't be the last.

Sam Walter

If it's fake, it's a good one. At one angle you see her head bounce of the wood floor.

Nuts

she is a milf.and i would do her all night long.

Seriously

She's so freaking annoying. I don't care if she faked it or not. Just get her off the show.
I think Mel B and her pompous ass partner are paying off the judges.
Go Helio!

sherricheu

You know, I tend to believe it was fake myself. Just the way she fell seemed very dramatic and she did not land the way I would think someone should land if they truly did faint.
Just my opinion.

Shoogy

All these people that think she faked it...get real. I don't think she should win either, but come on--a writer on set? A fake faint? Sounds a little bit too much to be true. And so what her legs moved--dead people move, it's called muscles. You don't always have control of them and reflexes happen. This fake faint is the stupidest thing I have ever read on here. Why doesn't everyone just leave her alone....she is doing the best she can for all the drama that is going on in her life. She didn't want anyone to know about her son until Larry King brought it up, she WAS trying to keep some things private! The Osmonds are a good family with the same problems as any other family--CHILL OUT!

luvgoldens

The Osmonds are REALLY the nicest people you'd ever meet. That's why they have so many fans. They don't go out and get wrecked, expose themselves, and offend people. You need to leave Marie alone. She is a sweetheart and doesn't deserve any grief from anyone.

Bella

I live in Utah (am not Mormon), and while I am tired of hearing about the Osmonds, Donny's continued comments on ET, and Marie, they are honorable people. I don't know that "celebs" have much say in the choreography of selected dances each week, but believe her professional partner really missed the mark last night since he is basically in charge of what she does. All of the performances were sluggish last night, but Marie's was a disaster. Entertainers want to add an entertaining element to the show, but quite frankly, Marie looked silly, and should not be in the final competition. I hope the execs will change the rules of the show so the judging does not end up being a popularity contest instead of the technical dancing it should be judged for in the future. Julianne is from here too - she is something isn't she?? While I really enjoy watching her and her choreography of the dances each week with dance partner Helio, and would like to see them win, in all honesty Mel should win based on her technical performances. Bella

Smidgits

Mark Cuban had some interesting comments about Marie's fainting spell during Blog World 2007 a few weeks ago...

We have the video posted on YouTube.

Smidgits.com

babes stevens

Marie does not have to fake anything it wa for real and i hope she gets runner up

Granma

I always thought the color drained from a persons face when they fainted ....
AND.....what happened to smelling salts ?
Was a fast faint and truly a remarkable recovery.....
BULLLONEY to me....
I have seen her kids on TV.....rowdy misbehaved.....
Is mannequin Wayne Newton wanting a mannequin wife ?
Why don't these people grow up ! ?
I thank God I have a OFF button on my TV remote...:-)

cee chick

She looks as good as money can buy. Hope she stops now and doesn't get the Joan Rivers Joker look/

U.S-male

Sheesh too many kids on this blog.

You do not hear about her for years and then in just 1 week

1. she fakes fainting.
2. her father dies
3. It is claimed her poor kid has to go into some treatment place but will not say for what.
4. with all that over 100 of her family pay to fly from all over the country to be on that buckwheat opra TV show
5. then make the rounds on several other TV shows and daily now doing this

Tell me if one of your kids was so into drugs or booze and had to be locked into some treatment center would you be running aroun like she is

Add she admits to drug issues and in her 40s and already gone through 2 husbands and looking for number 3

For the wiseguys, you mean to tell me someone who claims to faint a lot that that TV show would say Oh she could die while dancing but lets still clear her to continue, think of the lawsuits BS.

knowadrake

I, too, live in Utah. And I am very open minded and hearted when it comes to people of all religions, lifestyle choices, etc. As long as one has integrity, then it's all good! Not sure how much integrity TMZ has reporting something such as this that is only a way to rile. Interesting it comes about at this night of the final results. And for the record, I did not think any of the performances were that great in the finale last night, although Helio's was better than the other two. So I am open when it comes to being objective in watching performances, too.

The Osmonds are people. Human. Like anyone else. I was been lucky enough to meet some of the performing brothers once, and likewise I met Donny once at a book signing. They are people who love their families, who have problems like anyone else, and who try to do the right thing. I am pleased they are getting recognition as they are very talented and have been in the entertainment business for decades (and have stayed together; that is quite an accomplishment!). They have great senses of humor, and are very kind to their fans. Many acts today could learn a lesson or two from them in how to treat their fans.

Both Julianne and Derek Hough are from here as well. As was Ashley DelGrosso, and Louis Van Amstel worked here for a time, too. I consider all great talents, and therefore, I think it is not our place to make these personal judgments about their beliefs. Judge on the dancing alone. And I'd feel the same way about any of the partners and contestants. It is what it is. A fun TV show to watch, that will have the results that it will net, and our lives will go on tomorrow.

TMZ reader

What makes you people think that one's legs won't move after a collapse?! I worked in a hospital ER for 11 years and saw plenty of collapses. This is the real deal! The story is ONLY coming out today because of the vote tonight. The source wants the public to withdraw support for Marie by making up this phony story.