Kanye and Knievel Throw Hatchet Into Canyon

11/27/2007 7:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After accusing Kanye West of using his image "promote his filth to the world," Evel Knievel has "amicably" settled his lawsuit with the rapper, the daredevil announced today.
Evil Knievel, Kanye West
Knievel sued West and his record company last year, after Kanye appeared in a music video for his song "Touch the Sky" dressed as "Evel Kanyevel" and jumped over a canyon on a motorcycle. West and his lawyers argued it was satire; Knievel called it "vulgar and offensive."

"I thought he was a wonderful guy and quite a gentleman," Knievel said after a face-to-face meeting with Kanye. "I know he's had some tough times the past few weeks, and I hope things work out."

Not such an evil guy after all.

sammy

First.....................booooooooooooooooyah!!!!

Robin

good for all involved.

Lee

Why does TMZ allow these idiots to post all their garbage ads on here? Oh, that's right - TMZ SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

isn't funny how people assume all rap is vulgar and offensive and they have never even listened to it? i also find it crazy that evel would say this seeing as he was recently arrested for beating his 22 year old girlfriend in drunken rage ironic huh?

Lee

He hopes that "things work out"? The guy's mother died. HTF is that supposed to "work out"?

OBAMABIDEN 08

Well of course, he is NOW "a wonderful guy and quite a gentleman."

Repeat after me "El cheque is good"

Lee

Hey NB - keep your lame ass ads to yourself! Nobody cares about your stupid super tv!

Hollywood's a Hazard

Sounds like "Evil" got a decent settlement to me.

Lee

"Amicably settled" = got paid enough to make him fuggedaboudit.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Kelly, its El checke esta bueno.

He's Boring now

Hey Harvey Levin----25% of the comments on here are now to promote personal or commerical web sites.

Use some of that loot you are hauling in to learn to quick edit out any messages that contain web addresses, unless you like all that crap on here. Its going to drive away those with opinions worth reading.

But than again you have outsourced your web comments section to a firm that could care less. Time maybe you all took control of your own site.

Unless you want it to turn into garbage.

BatMan

This old guy should be thankful someone like kanye west thought of him doin touch the sky. He should use the money go to A.A and learn how not to beat on a woman. People dont care about your stunts get in your car put some backstreet boys and drive it off the canyon..gnite

wasted days and wasted nights

I am glad to see that Evel has lightened up over this. Evel was my childhood hero--I got to see him jump his Harley over a long line of cars before the start of a NASCAR race at Ontario Motor Speedway in 1971, and I was one of those kids in California who went out and emulated his exploits by jumping over trashcans and tires on a Schwinn Sting-Ray. Doing stunts on a Sting-Ray and later on a BMX bike was a great way to spend much of my childhood and I have Evel to thank for that.

k

If only I could speak to Kayne from the heart of love and spiritually let him see and hear and feel his mom because she is with him.. he need not continue to suffer so deeply, let me help her... she your mama she always by you near you.. if you could hear her I know she would tell you "I am hear for you always .. don't ever forget that son!" God bless us all.. with love and all the higher power gives us... love lives on forever... always.. never gone ... love is forever.
I know I feel love and I know his mother is loving him now and with him trying to cheer him up .. for crying out loud.. Love be alive to all us people who are lucky enough to feel it .. in Jesus our Lord, he gives us love forever.....Say it, all you .... Amen.

DA's leak

I was actually pissed at Evil when this first went down. I guess this was his way of telling Kanye he was sorry to hear about his mothers passing. Then again, the truly honorable thing to do wouldve been to drop the lawsuit altogether, but considering the time and resources he's already used for pursuing it, I guess both parties made out ok.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments