Miss PR on Fake Pepper -- "Why Would I Do That?"

11/28/2007 2:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miss Puerto Rico appeared on the "Today" show, and yes, Meredith went there: So did she make up the whole pepper spray scandal? Was it just an allergic reaction?

"It's a beauty pageant, why would I do that to myself?" was Ingrid Marie Rivera's denial. Ingrid recounted how pageant officials found "yellow-ish" substance on her makeup brush and a bathing suit (no suspects have been named), and how she had to disrobe and have ice packs applied to her bare skin to reduce the swelling.

Rivera won the Miss Puerto Rico Universe pageant on Friday, and will be competing in the big show -- Miss Universe -- in Vietnam in May 2008. In highlights from the pageant last week, Ingrid appeared to be holding up very, very well after getting peppered.

free4all

I think it was fake. Can someone explain if she broke out in hives and apparently red all over why in the video she looks fine? She was not scratching waiting for her crown.

Nutage

Odd deal. Can't imagine why you would do that to yourself especially before being named the winner...

Merry Christmas

Why do we even have pageants in this day? They are degrading, embarassing and irrelevant.

Flake

I'll give her a bath and be sure to wash every inch of her. She's HOT.

Suz

Another one who needs attention!!

Lauren

Honestly I highly doubt she'd have the webbos to fake the entire thing..I know she doesn't look like she's broken out in hives in the video, but that Puerto Rican telemundo uno feed ain't exactly HD quality or anything.

It's likely that something minor did happen and she managed to cover it with makeup and a forced smile...it was probably only later that the story got blown up into the big elaborate terrorist attempt on her life and her luggage that we're all hearing about now.

Desiree

How old is this chick, if I had to guess, I'd say around 38 and not aging well, she looks tired and that's the way she almost always looks. Not that 38 is old, but she seems a tad old and worn out for this stupid business.

anon

whoever thinks that is fake- has absolutely no idea what goes on backstage at these things.
I have competed for the Hawaiian Tropics Internationals, and Venus swimwear
Pageant, and the girls try to sabatoge you, I have had shoes, clothes, makeup bag etc stolen on several occasions, one time a roommate turned the alarm clock and phone off when I had an early morning shoot- and tried to show up in my place! and this is all nothing , believe me.

wasted days and wasted nights

Please, pagent planners, change the format. Let each of these young ladies do a trick on stage and win a crown. Everyone should win and gone would be the day when pepper spray is needed to secure a championship and when so many beauties go home with just a parting gift.

puertorrican beauty

Beauty pageants are a HUGE business, if not, Trump wouldn't own the Miss Universe franchise. The story is all BS... why? Ingrid was hand picked by the local franchise owner, Magaly Febles, but in order to pull in the money they had to produce the contest. All this noise is to distract the public of the real fraud and try to gain sympathy for Rivera ( which is not really working) and give her exposure for the Miss Universe contest way ahead of the pageant.

That's it... sexy, dirty, money... Have you ever seen someone with hives? no makeup hides the swelling!

Logo Designers

why would she do that?

Uh, scary

She is gorgeous.

Tina

I would believe someone tried ruin her chances, I mean look at her she's tall, slender, very attractive AND Puerto Rican, c'mon people, stop hating!

Lucy

I think it was fake

MYPLACEPR

SHE HAD AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER ALL OTHER CONTESTANTS IN PR BECAUSE SHE IS A CLOSE FRIEND OF THE MISS UNIVERSE FRACHAISE OWNER IN PR. THAT IS WHY THEY WAITED UNTIL THE VERY LAST DAY OF REGISTRATION TO PUT HER IN. PICTURES WERE AIRED ON LOCAL CHANEL4 OF HER AND THE FRANCHISE OWNER AND FAMILY VACATIONING BEFORE THE CONTEST. I THINK SHE SOMEHOW DID HAVE SOME TYPE OF ALERGIC REACTION ( MAYBE A GUILTY CONSIENCE?). AGAIN SHE WANTED TO HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE CONTESTANS IN THE WORLD CONTEST AND WAS HUNGRY FOR ALL THE PUBLICITY. I THINK SHE JUST SHOT HERSELF IN THE FOOT.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments