Montel to Teen: I Wasn't Really Going to Blow You Up

12/2/2007 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Montel WilliamsMontel Williams has issued an apology to Courtney Scott, the high school intern who he threatened to "blow up" Friday.

Williams sent the student an email via one of his producers, saying, "Regrettably I reacted childishly to the situation and for that I truly apologize to all concerned. I would like to invite Courtney and her family to appear on my show for a public apology." What a heart of fool's gold!

Montel confronted Scott and two other reporters after he mistakenly thought they had followed him to talk about a previous interview. The group was actually covering an assignment completely unrelated to him. Oops! A police report was filed by the student subsequent to the confrontation.

Sunday's Child

Montel used to put on great shows before he was officially diagnosed with MS. For some reason after that he's had primarily shows featuring women who've been abused by men, burned, raped, cut up, had lye thrown on them, etc. He doesn't pretend to be showing these out of concern that it could happen to other women. I've felt all along he was anti-women and this tacky little episode confirms it for me. Years ago he did a show and his brother was on it and that a**h*** was outrageously anti-female and Montel enjoyed every minute of it.

Djak

Takes a BIG man to intimidate a teenage girl.

James Blakley

it's not that he made a mistake, which all of us do, it's the nature of his comment that we should all find disturbing!

Joyce

I like Montel. If his show was so bad, why did you watch it. You must have enjoyed it too.

Dodie

Who's Montel! Are we all suppose to know who he is. Well, what does he do?

One Big Mother

I met Montel and he was extremely gracious and kind to me. The guy was probably having a bad day. He has apologized. The man is also chronically ill. Let's cut him some slack.

Barack

James Blakley #20 -- mistake? Where do you get that? He made a terroristic threat toward a young woman (under 18) and others. A mistake is when you make a typo and
go "oops." Not when you want to blow up somebody and their families.

jvan

i used to have a step grandfather that was a raving drunk always threatening to blow someone or something up

of course we all just figured he was just a raving lunatic and never payed him no never mind.

Joe H

Actually Montel was a highly decorated Naval Officer, and not a Marine. The USMC only wished they had him!

Chris Brown

He still has a show?

Mias Daddy

I'd like to hear him say something about "blowing something up" on an airplane....This guy with his fake tears and sentiment on his show is what "blows". Another arrogant person not worth the air time he gets....wish he would go away....he's not in it for anything other than money......phoney baloney.

J

Montel is generally seen as a low life - an Oprah wanna be - I remember him plugging his exercise book on the show & he had a tank top & tight cycling shorts! And he said "ladies inside the book is plenty of me in skimpie outfits" - said that with a straight face!

Mary Jane

Wow, I just lost my respect for Montel Williams. What a prick.

Robert

Well maybe he should lose his show like Don Imus did ??? see if the that will wake him up and to start acting like a man insead of a spoiled child

jamal49

The headline on the AOL link says:

Montel to Teen: I Really Wasn't Going to Blow You.

Couldn't wait to get to that news story!

Of course, the rest of it is "Blow You Up."

What a burn! Thought maybe another juicy celebrity scandal was in the works.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments