Alex Trebek Suffers Heart Attack

12/11/2007 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has suffered a heart attack. I'll take medical emergencies for $1000!

A rep for the show confirms to TMZ the 67-year-old host had a minor heart attack but is "resting comfortably." We're told he will be back in the studio for the show's next scheduled tapings in January.

Trebek, who was born Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek, has been the host of "Jeopardy!" since September of 1984.

Alex Trebek is a republican

He may be Canadian but he has voted Republican in the past.

K3VIN

anybody watch The Price Is Right now with Drew Carey? Isn't it weird? Just think how weird Jeopardy is going to be without Alex. Or how weird Wheel is going to be without Pat Sajak. Let's face it, these guys can't go on forever.

Shalespeare

My entire family loves Jeopardy and you, Alex. I especially love your ENUNCIATION and PRONUNCIATION. It makes the program a total joy. It's obvious that you work hard at the program because you never stumble through difficult names and places, frequently add your own knowledge to explain some answers and never "talk down" to the contestants. You have a few weeks to heal so you can get back to work. I do wish, though, that you would say something to the preparers of the questions about punctuation on the cards. The period (or any other punctuation mark) goes INSIDE the second quote mark. Just thought I'd mention that. Warm wishes for a speedy recovery and every good wish for a Happy Holiday.

Martin

Alex. Hang in there buddy. I can't wait to see you back "live" in January. I had open heart surgery ten years ago and feel better now than I did twenty years ago. I hope you wont need any but if you do- go for it. By the way i'm now 81! Affectionaely Martin

Ina

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

harrrypottter@yahoo.com

You're a PRAT, A.T., but I still hope you recover (and retire from Jeapordy)

Rosemary

Just read about it...get well soon

Shalespeare

Sorry about the "Shalespeare." Typing with a broken wrist is very difficult. Anyway,
Shakespeare is my lst cousin, 14 times removed! Better than nothing.

Get well fast!!

Mary

Get well Alex our prayers are with you.

Anne

He married a (much) younger woman. That can take a toll on a man!

Dudley Z. Fudpucker Sr.

I heard that if he's not well enuff to come back in January, Rosie will take over the show.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudley

PS - I still say Barbara Bush is a real HOTTIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jb

Get well Alex and make sure to hit that buzzer before you ask for a sponge bath.

RICHARDTHENOIL

ALEX: ANSWER- GOD. QUESTION: WHO LOVES YOU AND WILL LISTEN TO YOU. JUST TALK TO ME.

Miss Trusted

I'll take chest pains for $100.00
What is "honey I wrecked your new car, eh"

linda

get well soon-every nite fan!