Casey's Uncle: We're Shocked ... And We Aren't

12/20/2007 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ spoke with retired Baptist preacher Odus Jackson, who is Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy's uncle by marriage. (You still with us?)

Uncle Odus tells us that Casey is a "fine young man" who has always been courteous. That sentiment is apparently shared by many in his small town of Gloster, Miss., where we've been told over and over again Casey is a good kid from a good family.

As for Jamie Lynn, Uncle Odus says he has only met her once, on Thanksgiving of this year. As for news of her pregnancy, he says he found out, like the rest of us, on Tuesday night. He tells us the family was "shocked' and yet "we aren't." As a pastor, Uncle Odus says he's seen "this type of thing" more often than he'd like.

For the complete interview with Casey's Uncle Odus, check out TMZ TV Thursday night.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Deseray Everett

Well for this cmment on th new episode of Zoey"101". She would be the bestmom ever. She probly wont be like her sis Brittany. He nephews are cute but they will not learn how to talk ect..Well I think that Jami will be the bet mom and will teach her kids how to talk ect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Pookie

Doesn't the US have statutory rape laws any more?
I thought 16 was a minor...

Babbs

No wonder people think we're stupid rednecks

Hawt

beefcake

We are not all trailer trash down here

Uncle Ashtray

Uncle Odus?

Man........don't you mean 'Grand Master Dragon' Odus?

This old dude looks like he keeps his white linens still crisp & ready as a "just in case"! I bet he's calling his old cronies from the local Mississippi AARP to don the hoods and get ready for a Jamie-Lynn lynching!!!

THE MAVENSTEIN

UNCLE ODEUS LOOKS LIKE HE PROBABLY QUEERED OFF A COUPLE YOUNG MEN IN HIS DAY.

cheryl

brittany just showed up at the four seasons hotel where she was refused entry....banned from the four seasons.........no rules for these girls.....

LA Guy

Growing up in the west I often visited Kentwood, LA and towns in Mississippi (both where I had/have relatives) when I was young. Even as a little kid I felt like I was going back in time when I went back there. I guess you can take the redneck out of the south, but not out of the person.

Justme

So TMZ foung uncle odus, Now where is cousin {twice removed} maryanne for her statement.Im sure since this is the official Spears site. Oh dont forget to get 2nd cusin Jessup he would be the one with the most to print, Plus I hear he has pictures of the broud

FlBiker

Yessir that nephew of mahn has been plowen that thar girl like a corn field..............

Wtf

LMAO @ Kay, Good one.

Natasha

desnt anyone remember Beyonces little sster getting preggers a few years ago
she was like 16?

finisone

I hate to say it but this little girl is HOT! the Freshest meat in the US- wow turn 18 baby i would give my arm to hit that! WOW

Dave the pig

#10 - I feel guilty for laughing but that was really funny.

I am shocked with JLP being so pregnant at such a young age. You would think she learned what not to do from her older sister. She should have been supervised more closely and not given so much freedom. Unfortunately is the sad reality of children who come from divorced parents. She must have been looking for love - or what she thought was love.

On the bright side, she is choosing to be responsible and is not taking the easy way out. I commend her for this. I pray things will be better for her.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments