Ike Laid Out

12/21/2007 12:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ike Turner made a final appearance yesterday in a spectacular gold-studded lilac suit, with a golden Fender Stratocaster by the side of his coffin.

The elaborate silver coffin was topped with a massive spray of white flowers at the Angelus Funeral Home on Crenshaw Blvd., where hundreds filed past to pay their final respects. TMZ spotted accused murderer Phil Spector in the queue.

LA22

I can't believe all the hate spewed at this guy. So when he was younger he had an abusive relationship with Tina Turner. Everyone forgets he made her a mega-star. Yes, he was not an appropriate husband, or father figure...however, he got off his ass and became successful, and became a rock and roll legend. I think the saddest part is Tina did not even wish to attend his funeral.

becky

It used to be common for people to photograph amd display their dead loved ones. I think it's cool and I like to look at as many corpse pics as possible. Look up "memorial photography".

Annie

C'mon, people. This is tasteless and disrespectful. This site is no place for a photo like this. Please take this down and let the guy RIP.

ME

Anne, it looks like he's resting in peace to me! LMAO!

gansfan

Do you have any close ups?

Yucks!

Comment #78 You need to get your facts correct before you post DUMB A$$ COMMENTS! THAT WAS MARVIN GAYE! who was killed by his father. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A TRIP HERE TO MOTOWN AND WE CAN SCHOOL YOUR DUMB A$$ ON REAL MUSIC AND IT'S HISTORY!

Merry Christmas

Likewise, for those of you that find this comical or do not consider this disrespectful, you are the people with no souls, heart or God. You are sad, miserable people with no morals or human qualities. It is people like you that are ruining our nation. How do you live with no soul? If you believe in nothing, then all you have is nothing. Enjoy your lives.

I don't know Ike personally and will not judge him in death.

FIGHT

red·neck /ˈrɛdˌnɛk/
Pronunciation Informal: Often Disparaging.
–noun 1. an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.
2. a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.
–adjective 3. Also, red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

So very fitting. At least he knows it!

niccotte

Heartless TMZ.com

nacho

Didn't the enquirer have a picture on it's cover of Elvis...goodness people, they are dead, they are not there, it is merely a shell of what they were. Aside from Ike abusing Ms. Turner, he is actually a great music legend. I am not condoning how he lived his life or treated people, but he was still very talented. I hope he made his peace with his higher power before leaving this earth as we should all do. If this picture was not on TMZ it would be somewhere else. Relax and merry christmas.

Robert Rainey

You let Ike rest in peace. Anough of the bad talk about him. Whatever he did to Tina, we still should owe him some respect even in death. He was still a great contributor to American music. I am a very big fan of Ike and Tina for over 40 years, But I am a bit dissappointed that Tina could say nothing good about after his death. After all, he did discover her and started her in show biz. Give the man some slack.

Me

WHATS THE BIG DEAL THE TV HAS SHOWED PICS OF SELENA IN HER COFFIN. THERE AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH TMZ SHOWING THIS PIC.

Nic

Yuck! Yucky in life, yuckier still in death.

zoso

Stephanie,

It always cracks me up when people like you feel it is necessary to correct another's spelling or gramatical errors. It's like, "Oh no, I didn't really make a typo and mispell that word, did I?" "Oh my goodness, I need to start over in the 3rd grade because I left a letter out of one of my words while I was typing." Get a life, as@hole.

babsido

never seen anything like this. This is the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen. Please someone do something about it?
this is someone's family member and for their sake, please remove it?