Britney's Shortest. Deposition. Ever.

1/3/2008 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was in Century City, Calif. as Brit Brit came -- and went -- from her scheduled deposition today. Why the rush?!

As K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan explained, the depo was originally scheduled to go from 9:45 to 11:45 AM. It poses a little bit of a problem when the person who is to be deposed shows up almost two hours late! Kaplan says the proceedings started around 11:32 AM and he was able to fire off a few questions before having to end at the scheduled time -- thirteen minutes later. So much for asking deep questions!

So why was the popwreck so tardy? He wouldn't say. But he did say another depo has been scheduled. As for seeking sanctions against her, Kaplan says he hasn't yet decided. But he might, if her behavior caused his client -- K-Fed -- any undue "hardships." Hasn't she already?

duh

"Hardship" for KFed????!!!?????? How can that lawyer even get those words out of his mouth. Marrying Britney was hitting the lottery for that jobless loser (and hitting the lottery for this capitalizing lawyer who should totally appreciate Brit's antics - they are earning him a fortune!)

DIANE T

He's just another Idiot

K-Dud using the boys to get to Britney's money is far worse than anything Britney has done. She may act goofy but she isn't a thief and a gold digger. She has worked for her money. Has K-Dud ever had a steady job??? I didn't think so. It's hard for 9th grade dropouts to find jobs, especially if they are stupid like K-Dud. If people cannot afford lawyers when they sue, they shouldn't expect the sued person to pay their legal fees. That's just SICK !!!!

OCD

Hmmm. I may have struck a nerve somewhere at TMZ. I've posted some speculation about why Britney's attorneys may not want to represent her any more.

Three comments did not even make it to my e-mail box so that they could be posted. Freaky deal, that.

Hey, TMZ!!!!! Listen up!

I am not an "insider". I don't know any of the people involved. I'm not related to any of them. Haven't been in contact with any of them and I'm most definitely NOT an attorney. I'm not even a friend of a friend and my dog didn't even come from the same litter, so it is not necessary to gobble up my comments or speculations into that great sucking void. O.K.?

OCD

Hah! I'm baaaack!

I'm not a huge fan of censorship, TMZ.

*smile*

Mikey

Hey OCDunce

Stop complaining. Admit it. You are the OC Dunce!

54321

Money TALKS AND THE RICH WALK.......

She should give the Kids to K-FED already. JUST B/C YOU HAVE KIDS, DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MOTHER.

Kate

CONTEMPT OF COURT !!

AGAIN !!!

The Simple Facts

People make choices, for better or worse. Hard to say how much worse, for spears to finally get a clue her life is spiraling out of control, & the universe does not revolve around her. She's a derelict. Fan-tards, stop making excuses; you only come off as ignorant & delusional as she does.

Ayla of no people

86. When you Brit fans make derogatory remarks about Kevin’s appearance … remember that your idol was first attracted to him by his appearance. Are you saying she has bad taste in men?

Posted at 5:48PM on Jan 3rd 2008 by Kids? What kids?

So True!!!! LOL

At any rate, it looks like Adnan got Britney to take off the Daggar necklace and put on a decent dress and heels. Yes, the dress has a spot, but we always expect this with Britney, Seems that he is a good influence.

I'd love to know why Britney wasn't on time today. She is such a tool..... Missed yesterday and an hour and 45 minutes late today..... There is no excuse for this.

Britney's antics are the kind of things I see from the parents of the poor neglected and abused children I work with. They call up at the last minute and can't make it for therapy or visits. LOL just had one today. Called and made an appointment for noon to do family therapy, called 10 minutes later to say that there was no car insurance and he/she couldn't make it to the therapy. LOL just like Britney. Britney is just as disappointing even though she does have money. Even worse. She has the money to make it happen and make it go away and she is just stupid.

There is obviously some really deep seated problem going on with Britney. The courts can see this and are privy to it, we are not.

Kevin may do as some say and just sit home playing video games, smoking pot and smoking cigarettes. This is no reason to take the kids away from him. Almost everyone smokes pot. It isn't considered a horrible thing anymore. If Britney wasn't putting those kids in some kind of danger she would still have 50/50 custody. Sitting home smoking pot isn't dangerous to anyone. If Britney had a leg to stand on in this regard, her lawyers would have used it to the max by now. They don't. They have nothing on Kevin.

And to those making a big deal out of Kevin hosting a gig in Las Vegas for New Years and spending a couple of days there: It isn't a big deal! I left my children for 2 weeks with my inlaws while my husband and I went camping with another couple..........Wow, we camped, ate, drank, smoked etc. Big F Deal...People who make a big deal out of him going every three months somewhere to unwind are quite unwound themselves......and delusinal

JMHO

OCD

To # 90 Mikey

You have a right to your opinion and you have a right to voice it.

I have no problem with that, O.K.?

If you're looking to get my fur in a wad or to make me spit back, it's not gonna happen. That's not a challenge, it's simply a statement on my part.

Spurs

She's going through a lot right now and she needs us, her fans, to be there for her and support her in these trying times.

Posted at 3:49PM on Jan 3rd 2008 by Jizy

What the stupid, egotistic little skank needs is a wake-up call. Time for Kaplan to grow some balls and say enough is enough. She is not above the law. Quit enabling her.

brenna

91. It amazes me WHAT MONEY will DO..You can WALK ALL OVER THE LAW, WALK ALL OVER THE JUDGES, ATTORNEY'S ETC... But, an AVERAGE person would have seen BARS MONTHS AGO.
Money TALKS AND THE RICH WALK.......

Posted at 6:07PM on Jan 3rd 2008 by 54321
***********************************************************
i'm confused by this comment... in regards to her custody battle which quite honestly is none of our business, but what in regards to her custody battle has she done that is outright illegal and would constitute jail time???? im seriously confused here....

and you're right, money does amazing things..... its just a damn shame there isn't enough money in the world that can make the media and nation go away....

JANET

For the love of God, please just give full custody of those two kids to K-Fed and NO visitation with their white-trash, slutty mother until she can get some serious psychological help. How many other mothers in this Country would get away with this crap ?-- not to mention how many fathers? - - that would be NONE.

Jenn

I think Britt has a problem, and many people have problems. Though I do beleive her problem started when she met K-fed and if she has a drug problem he was the one supplying it to her in the beginning. Noone is a perfect parent and though the kids should probably not be with either of them. How many people who are single parent's get 5000.00 a month in child support and do not have a job? If he wants the kids so bad like regular average joe's he needs to stop taking her money for child support get his ass a job and support his kids himself!!