TMZ Confirms, Lohan Slips on Sobriety

1/3/2008 5:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oh no ... this is not good. Cameras caught Lindsay Lohan taking a swig out of a bottle of what we've confirmed is champagne on New Year's Eve in Italy.

Blair Berk, Lindsay's lawyer, told TMZ, "The good news was that Lindsay stopped herself that night, called her sponsor, and got herself immediately back on track. There is no magic cure here. The most unfortunate part of this is that Lindsay has to share her 'one day at a time' with the entire world."
Click to launch!

Thomas

COKE HEAD COKE HEAD........ENUF SAID.

Sandra

I hope the best for her. Sobriety is a very hard thing and if she slipped that is ok, she pulled up her boot straps and got back on track. Good for her.......Good luck...Lindsey can do it!!!!!!! It's hard work

Louisiana318

GIVE HER A BREAK, IT WAS NEW YEARS EVE, SHE'S A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilpearl

Where is this society's empathy? I know that everyone is sick and tired of the spoiled, rich Hollywood elite, but look at their parents. Alcoholism is a disease, and she will struggle with it for the rest of her life, every single day. Those without sin, cast the first stone.....

blueberry surprise

I really agree with truthbetold. I, too am "SO sick of this ho..Who cares! I wish she would fall off the face of the earth..She is so butt fugly!"

Tommy Boy

What is the big deal about Lindsay drinking some champagne on NEW YEAR'S EVE? First of all, I don't believe for one second that she truly is an alcoholic. All that BS was made up by her agents for publicity and to get her out of trouble numerous times. Besides, the pic just shows her taking a swig from the bottle, not stumbling over in an alcoholic/drug-infused haze. Come on TMZ, there are bigger and better things to report about!! Stop wasting your time on this (wanna-be) A-lister!!

Sheryl

I am so tired of hearing about this useless piece of human trash.

I'm sure there must be a thousand young girls waiting for their chance at fame in Hollywood.

Give someone else a chance. Lindsay Lohan is a loser .. she'll never change .. NEXT!!!!!!!!

pullin4lindsay

Lindsay..... don't let one slip discourage you. Stay clean and sober , you are way too talented to throw your career away for a few hours of fun. You do have fans who care a lot about you and want you to be healthy and happy. Sobriety is hard work, but I have faith you can do it! Stay on track Lindsay... you are loved!

BMc

I am really sick of hear all about these young stars....they have money but no brains it seems, It is really sad.

Nice guy

ANOTHER PIECE OF TRASH IN THE NEWS ... ISN'T THERE ANY GOOD IN HOLLYWOOD WHAT SO EVER? IF YOU CAN EVEN FIND ONE SMALL THING ... PLEASE REPORT IT. THANK YOU!

Dee

I don't care if she's swiggin coke-a-cola, man, she looks tacky.

BAMA

TOO MUCH MONEY .. IT IS KILLING THESE KIDS.

doggy dog

Oh its just one little sippy or one little bottle or two heck I'm a cleeb I can afford people sponsers trainers. I am so hot and all! Yuck Lindsay go back to your own home town and stay there!

Kim

If it was just one sip, I don't think it's considered a relaps; if it was the whole bottle on the other hand and she was drunk, that's another story.

HaterofDUIdrivers

#38....Now that was CRUEL and UNCALLED for! Obviously you know nothing about death, or lost a loved one. GROW UP!