TMZ Confirms, Lohan Slips on Sobriety

1/3/2008 5:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oh no ... this is not good. Cameras caught Lindsay Lohan taking a swig out of a bottle of what we've confirmed is champagne on New Year's Eve in Italy.

Blair Berk, Lindsay's lawyer, told TMZ, "The good news was that Lindsay stopped herself that night, called her sponsor, and got herself immediately back on track. There is no magic cure here. The most unfortunate part of this is that Lindsay has to share her 'one day at a time' with the entire world."
Click to launch!

Phony Tony

When will she get knocked up?

That'll stop the boozing, temporarily at least.

Torshion Bar

The good ol' geographic escape eh. LL, keep in mind, no matter where you go, your problems go with you.

ddigler

I have been sober for 19 years, never had a slip up. I was 25 years old and was on the fast track. Good career, making good money, married, kid on the way. I had it made, booze, drugs you name it. After my 4th DUI and a lengthy jail term I, repeat, I decided it's time to get my stuff together. Dry people, dry places means new friends and activities. No relationships for the 1st year of sobriety, replace one addiction for another. One day at a time and if you have to one minute at a time. What bothers me is that there is much hype put in to the celeb lifestyle. Who cares about this crap, lilo this, britney that, jamie lynn Huh?, hayden 18 coupled with a 30 year old. C'mon man gimme a break this is the moral decay of our society. Forget the booze and drugs on top of it, somebody needs to slap these people's parents for not raising them properly. I am sick, sick, sick and I am tired, tired, tired of this. I do not want want my kids looking up to any celeb or athlete that carries on like a moron and is still able to go get a job that may pay the 10, 20, 30 million. If the celebs are so concerned with Africa and their people, why don't they pool there money together and buy the freakin country. How about stayin at home and fixin our problems here, how about the homeless, the jobless, the less fortunate. Throw 2 million my way I could use it, better yet just 100 grand will be fine.

yourmom

She didn't go to rehab to quit drinking, she went because she HAD to because of her crash, etc. She's only just turned 21, I honestly don't think she'll stop any time soon. I also don't think she'll be like Amy Winehouse anytime soon.

binkiesmom

If you hang out in a barber shop, you will certainly end up with a haircut. As long as she is in that lifestyle, she will never stay sober.

kelly

When's she going to try the "one man at a time" program?

Mark

Good for her!

tba

Let's face it, the only reason she went into rehab was because of her run-in's with the law. Until she really wants to stop, she'll continue to abuse alcohol and whatever until she hits rock bottom.

Lakesweetjane

Give the girl a break. It's New Years Eve. It could have been a joke, it could have been one swig. She's only 21. You know when you rat everybody out for the things they do that you don't agree with then you are a communist. Like Russia once was. If it wasa slip up then these stupid pictures may lead into a crazy spiral. I don't think this is a big deal. She's not driving - let it go.

paris

That's hot

Jizy

I'd like to be her boyfriend for a few weeks, she thinks she's a party animal? I can drink her under the table!

Barbara

Rehab - the new fad. I'm glad I'm old. I was addicted to morals, values, hard work, decency, modesty - like I said - back in the Dark Ages...........

It's hard to have sympathy for someone who has asthma and smokes (no, I know that isn't what the article is about, just had to get it out there!)

Mica

She's gotten pretty tough what with all the pressure she's been under for the last decade. I think she has the strength and the desire to change her life and live sober. We're rooting for you Linds! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Jenny

I guess it's tough to resist champagne on New Years eve. She stopped herself though so good for her. Good luck, Lindsay.