Brit Probably Bipolar

1/5/2008 1:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

BritneyTMZ has even more evidence now that this is NOT a case of substance abuse. As we already reported, we're told Brit has all the symptoms of what appears to be some sort of bipolar disorder. This is becoming the universal operating theory from people in both Brit and K-Fed's camps. They are privately hoping the docs properly diagnose her at Cedars.

Also, there are reports swirling about all the people in Brit's home who came to her rescue; who broke the door down, who just lingered. You would think she was having a pre-pre-pre Super Bowl party.

In fact, we know that aside from the monitor, there were a grand total of two others in the house -- aside from Brit and the kids. The two were both hired help.

hope

It is sad. I hope she wants help. Don't compare her to Anna Nicole. Anna made it known everyday that her kids were her life. Brit is mentally incapable to feel for her boys. I hope bobby trendy gets ran over attention whore sell out

Tangie

This is a little known fact...when you have done something that is gonna get you put in jail, just say you are going to kill yourself. They will take you to the hospital instead of jail.

Vivian

SHE IS NOT BIPOLAR, I HAVE A RELATIVE WHO IS BIPOLAR AND THEY DON'T
ACT LIKE THIS. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A SERIOUS DRUG
PROBLEM AND BRITANY HAS THE SAME BEHAVIOR AS A DRUG ADDICT. HOW SAD!
WHAT A EXAMPLE TO THE YOUNG KIDS WHO LOOKED UP TO HER.....

DeeDee

NO # 54 - It's you ---- operator error and/or software issues.

Michigan Mom

My son is bi polar they do ACT like that when they don't take meds
I hope no on on this site ever has a child thats bi polar. It's scary. the mood swings.

double standards

It's amazing what TMZ and others like them will do to reverse the thought process of celebs such as Britney Spears. First, her life is none of our business, second, her medical condition - ditto. Yet seeing her all over the front page of the news, it is evident something is wrong with her. TMZ reporting she is bi-polar - well just how trust worthy is that? The hospital staff would never give out info and it takes a day or two to determine what was in her system, and it also calls for a M.D. to evaluate her physically and mentally. Please, a round about on what has been shown here on this girl is so obvious. I think most peoples comments are correct. Britney is on "something", she is spoiled, she has been allowed to get away with this behavior - and what is deplorable - her children have been in harms way and totally ignored in this regard. Oh yes, the Kevin bashing, real good folks. Now why is it that Brit who is doing everything wrong, is being padded on the back, while the one stable parent who is coming to his childrens rescue is being totally trashed. I hate hypocrisy on all sides. TMZ don't report this stuff and suddenly turn around and wash your hands as it were and begin reporting what isn't really so. Don't worry, you like Britney will still get attention and $$$.

lala

Couldn't she be schizophrenic? It doesn't show up until the ages of 18-26! It would explain her need for attention and erratic behavior and possible substance abuse whether illegal or prescription. Thats my theory......Bi Polar is also a form of schizophrenia in a milder form. Any thoughts???

Lori B

The following is an excerpt from
This explains pretty much all of Britney's' odd and irrational behaviors over the past few years..
Bipolar disorder causes dramatic mood swings—from overly “high” and/or irritable to sad and hopeless, and then back again, often with periods of normal mood in between. Severe changes in energy and behavior go along with these changes in mood. The periods of highs and lows are called episodes of mania and depression.
Signs and symptoms of mania (or a manic episode) include:

* Increased energy, activity, and restlessness
* Excessively “high,” overly good, euphoric mood
* Extreme irritability
* Racing thoughts and talking very fast, jumping from one idea to another
* Distractibility, can’t concentrate well
* Little sleep needed
* Unrealistic beliefs in one’s abilities and powers
* Poor judgment
* Spending sprees
* A lasting period of behavior that is different from usual
* Increased sexual drive
* Abuse of drugs, particularly cocaine, alcohol, and sleeping medications
* Provocative, intrusive, or aggressive behavior
* Denial that anything is wrong

A manic episode is diagnosed if elevated mood occurs with three or more of the other symptoms most of the day, nearly every day, for 1 week or longer. If the mood is irritable, four additional symptoms must be present.
Signs and symptoms of depression (or a depressive episode) include:

* Lasting sad, anxious, or empty mood
* Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
* Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
* Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, including sex
* Decreased energy, a feeling of fatigue or of being “slowed down”
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
* Restlessness or irritability
* Sleeping too much, or can’t sleep
* Change in appetite and/or unintended weight loss or gain
* Chronic pain or other persistent bodily symptoms that are not caused by physical illness or injury
* Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts

A depressive episode is diagnosed if five or more of these symptoms last most of the day, nearly every day, for a period of 2 weeks or longer.

A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania. Hypomania may feel good to the person who experiences it and may even be associated with good functioning and enhanced productivity. Thus even when family and friends learn to recognize the mood swings as possible bipolar disorder, the person may deny that anything is wrong. Without proper treatment, however, hypomania can become severe mania in some people or can switch into depression.

Sometimes, severe episodes of mania or depression include symptoms of psychosis (or psychotic symptoms). Common psychotic symptoms are hallucinations (hearing, seeing, or otherwise sensing the presence of things not actually there) and delusions (false, strongly held beliefs not influenced by logical reasoning or explained by a person’s usual cultural concepts). Psychotic symptoms in bipolar disorder tend to reflect the extreme mood state at the time. For example, delusions of grandiosity, such as believing one is the President or has special powers or wealth, may occur during mania; delusions of guilt or worthlessness, such as believing that one is ruined and penniless or has committed some terrible crime, may appear during depression. People with bipolar disorder who have these symptoms are sometimes incorrectly diagnosed as having schizophrenia, another severe mental illness.

W T F ?

Chrissybot - YES! I have the same problem with this board and missing letters when type! Thanks for mentioning it!

Vivian

#61 SO DO DRUGS ADDICTS

angelina

I have been watching Britneys story for some time now, and it reminds me of my own. I once suffered a quite public meltdown althought not a celebrity a did have a high profile job, dealing with celebrities. People thought I was on drugs and drunk most of the time, when in fact I never took drugs and rarely drank, but my behavior was so strange that it made no sense to anyone. My behavior went on much like hers for months, spent lots of money, went clubbing all the time, pretty much everything you see Britney doing minus the two kids. Then my situation ended the exact same way being put on 5150 medical evaluation and no it was not fun, and I was in deep denial and disbelief. Once I got back in contact with realtiy with medication, I was totally humiliated and embarassed over the way I had acted and couldn't believe that it was me. It actually took years to get my life back on track, it is that traumatic a shock to your system and brain, when it missfires like that. So you may not see a normal Britney for years to come, it is not like she is going to take meds, and three months later go back to the person you once knew, it is really that serious and traumatic. It took me 5 years to regain all that I lost, financially and emotionally and for my brain to go back to normal that is with a lot of therapy and drugs. Now I have even more than I had before and it is a miracle and an exception and not the rule, so for all of you that have not been there this is one of those times where you would really "have to be there" to know what Britney or anyone is dealing with this disease. So as much as I can understand anyone wanting to watch a "trainwreck" with a 100 million dollars it shows you that mental illness strikes anyone no matter how rich or how successful and you should all be grateful that it isn't you and be thankful for your ordinary lives not making 100 million. Given the choice between 100 million and Britney have a sound mind and her children I know she would pick that every time, even though it may not appear that way right now.

pashmina

Would you not go absolutely crazy if every move you made was photographed then posted on web sites. Stop following her stop taking pictures of her. I mean what is so interesting about her driving around and frequenting gas stations? Just stop the maddness, do you not care about another HUMAN BEING?
And if she is bipolar (I think there is some truth to that) having two children back to back on top of the divorce, custody battle and the life style she leads, there is now wonder she is the way she is. The only person who could turn this all around is Jesus Christ. I speak from experience. It's the only way. I questioned myself last night while I was praying, "Is there not more important things to be praying for?" but I quickly realized "What could be more important than another persons soul?" So yes, I did pray for Britney and her family. For healing for someone to cross her path that really knows Jesus Christ and could lead her in the direction of a REAL life. Hollywood is not real life. Loving people and having compassion is real life. Not using people, proffiting off of others downfall, what's wrong with this world?

cathi smith

My prayers are with you Brit.

W T F ?

STFU lladybugg - it is not operator error. Stupid ass.

SUN

I think Brtiney has been bi-polar for a long time. People who are, and dont seek help often use drugs, do many over-the-top stupid things. The problem was the drugs were masking it, and everyone just focused on the drug use (including the courts), and felt this was her issues. Her issue IS a mental disease that spiraled out of control, and Britney herself didnt even realize she had. Most people are truly uneducated when it comes to mental illness, and want to judge. I am glad that she is finally in a good hospital where she can be evalutated by experts, and get the propers meds, help.

If Britney gets better, Corn Flake, can prepare to hand her kids back over. She now has a medical diagnosis that legally cant be held against her if she gets help for it. Before people trash her, they need to look up bi-polar and see that thisis so Britney, and stop trashing her, this could be you, or one of your kids one day.