Dr. Phil Pulls Plug on Britney Show

1/7/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bending to public pressure over his Britney Spears intervention show, Dr. Phil has canceled the program scheduled for tomorrow.
Britney Spears and
In a statement on his site, the good doc says, "As was widely reported this weekend, at the request of concerned family members, I visited Britney Spears in the hospital. The details of that visit will, of course, remain private. We had planned to tape a Dr. Phil Now show today, focusing not on the tabloid side of Britney's latest problems, but instead on the very serious issues surrounding this case."

The statement goes on, "Clearly, it is not just Britney's family struggling to find a way to protect adult children who cannot be ordered or compelled to seek help. Because the Spears situation is too intense at this time, and out of consideration to the family, I have made the decision not to move forward with the taping at this particular time. Britney and her family are in our prayers, and we ask that they be in yours."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

debv

I hope that she decides to get help!

cochino

what a friggin idiot he is. She cant show up for a court ordered hearing or depo, or even a dance rehearsal, do ya really think she's gonna show up to tape a sad show?

Watlter. Tango. Fargo

good move by the Dr. Phil Camp. I used to really enjoy his show, but now it makes me sick to watch. It has gotten so stupid and trashy.

Phillip

Read my posts

Katie

Dr. Phil is a moron. The money grubbing whore that he is, he thought he'd make a quick buck off of her plight. Sure, she is a stupid idiot - but he has ruined any reputation he had by trying to capitalize on her pathetic situation.

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

CARSON DALY IS A TOOL!

ReneeNW

Finally, a correct decision is made in this matter!

Carolyn A-B

In other words: Oops, I goofed. I thought my mercenary self-promotion would be viewed as kindness.Hot dang!

from Canada

Too bad, I thought maybe Dr. Phil could be the answer. You have to understand what kind of peronality Britney is. Britney obviously loves being in the spotlight, having her photo taken, being on TV, being talked about. She has an opportunity to be on national TV and be helped at the same time.

craphound

Dr. Quack thats what you are phil , I dislike you always have , your a phoney , I've always seen thru you , hope you crash and burn , soon !

just my input

I still think Dr Phil has the best intentions for Britney and I hope she will get the help she needs........there is still hope for ya Brit, you just have to make the first move!!! Good Luck!

Twinker

What Britney and her family need is some time to regroup in privacy. What's Lilo up to today?

sus

can we move on from this... there's an election coming up....

Sweetie

Maybe Dr. Phil can help but he should not air it on TV.

Bonnie Russell

Looks like Dr. Phil has been reading the boards. His popularity is fading quicker than Britney's career.
See www.FamilyLawCourts.com.