Little DUI, Big Verdict!

1/10/2008 7:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge says Matt Roloff, star of "Little People, Big World," is not guilty of driving under the influence. What a big relief!

Roloff was in court this morning and waived his right to a jury trial, instead opting to have a judge decide his fate.

Oregon cops busted Roloff last June when they saw his van swerve on a local road.

Corinne

Yay for Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hope Wilkinson

Hey Matt - next time - pull over and take a short nap! Call Amy, Zack, Jermery or someone to come and get you. Maybe you were - maybe you weren't - don't know wasn't there - but play is safe! Amy will make you wish you had never left somewhere!!!!

kim suck

GREAT NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kim suck

if he was a dark midget he be guilty!!!

MetalLuvah

Good for Matt !!! His family AND his show rocks. His wife Amy is one awesome lady, it would be great to meet them one day. Congratulations Matt.

Jeanne From NC

Well, I for one am not surprised since it came out last season he had diabetes. I am betting that is what the explanation was because low blood sugar can mimick drunk behavior. Good for him. I never believed it was true and then once I heard about the diabetes things made sense as to why he wasn't talking about it etc.

Eyes wide open

Wake up, folks. Roloff was guilty. He failed six out of six field sobriety tests, he swerved over the center line, and he had just left a bar. He admitted to drinking beer, he refused the breath test. I don't know what the hell the judge was thinking, other than maybe he was just frustrated with the jury not paying attention to his orders and looking up terms on the internet. Roloff's excuse was that he was tired and wasn't used to driving his wife's van, whose foot pedals aren't adjusted properly for his stature. That van is steered with a steering wheel, not his feet. He's a jerk, the judge acted like a jerk - and I guess it shows that even in podunk Oregon (where I happen to live) that celebrities (albiet 'reality' tv celebrity) get preferential treatment. Even if the judge threw out the DUII charge, he absolutely should have been guilty of refusing to take the breath test and failing to maintain his lane of traffic. I'm disgusted with the court, and with Roloff - the creep.

Eyes wide open

Here's the full story, complete with all details:

Rudy

He's a booze hound! Put him in the clink where he belongs!

Russ

In the State of Florida, officers are expected to have a dui QUOTA. I've driven down the road and had my Doberman knock me in the arm causing a slight movement. The cops here will find any excuse to pull you over. Florida is a police state so I make certain to go home early and keep off the streets. And by the way, how many people go to dinner and have two glasses of wine or beers? THOUSANDS. Why don't the cops have DUI STATIONS outside football games? Because it all has to do with the economy!

Jan

I thought they took his driver's license away for a year. I live near Clearwater. I thought his dangerous ass was off the roads.

Sean

Can't cops use a little common sense? Good chance it was a wannabe celebrity cop hassling a celeb. Cops certainly are angels most of the time.

Deep Background

Obviously the police didn't have a good case. Three cheers for reasonable doubt! I really can't see why Paris Hilton couldn't have gone to trial and won. They only measure exactually at the legal limit and there are some errors in measurment. She certainly could have afforded the defense finacially which isn't the case for many people.

^@^

Matt Rolof should of been found guilty as he DID say he was drinking to the arresting officer but.. A jury chosen for the case was dismissed when they broke court rules by looking up legal definitions on the internet.and THATS the only reason he was let off. I wonder if next time he chooses to drink and drive if he will kill someone?
Guess he didn't learn anything from the first time he was caught and wrecked his van in 2003 and was sent to a diversion class.

dillion

YOU GUYS SLAM THIS GUY.. AND THAN CHANGE YOUR STORY WITHOUT ANY APOLOGY!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL EVENTUALLY - THE CRUELTY THAT YOU DISPLAYED IN YOUR ORIGINAL POSTING!