Pissed "Sideways" Star Nearly Sideswipes Taxi

1/10/2008 4:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Giamatti can be a little cantankerous, but was especially so last night when he got into a little scrape with a NYC cab. Hey, taxi!

TMZ spotted Giamatti on Lafayette Street, where he'd just gotten into what the NYPD says was "a minor fender-bender." Thankfully, no one was hurt, and no one was arrested. Giamatti was, according to the NYPD, pulling into traffic when he and the cabbie nudged each other -- maybe he'd be a little happier if he got a new ride. Dude is an Oscar nominee -- what's with the 2000 Subaru?

Guess who was even less happy to see us than Paul?

boscodog

@SPUTNIK:

It's "wary" not "weary."

If this were my site I'd take you down for illiteracy and perhaps stupidity, since freedom of speech isn't a right when you're posting on someone else's site.

Anon

Paul Giamatti is excellent! Paul, you're in one of my favorite movies, cheer up!!!

gofish

loser --he made one movie hes not all that

John

Harvey Levin and Gillian Sheldon... listen up.
When someone tells you to stop filming, you stop filming... it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. It's basic moral principle.

I would have smashed that camera of yours and given your cameraman a black eye. But that's just me.

bababooey

Yeah, off screen Paul Giamatti seems a bit dour, but I like his acting. As a fan of great acting ability, that's all I really care about. And so what he drives a 2000 Subaru. Subaru's are great cars. Now, if he were driving a Yugo..

wasted days and wasted nights

Dude was GREAT in Sideways.

sputnik

READ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TMZ took down my non-offensive message about his guy. What a bunch of pitiful low-class losers. are you going to delete this one too? You're acting an awful lot like communists . . . . . In case you didn't know, in this country we have freedom of speech, and there was NOTHING in my message that would have caused you to delete it, no swears, no threats, nothing. EVERYONE, BE WEARY OF TMZ. THEY MAY BE IN BED WITH PUTIN

John C Jackson

He's been in a lot more than 1 movie. Just the ones I've seen: Howard Stern's Private Parts, Big Fat Liar, Sideways, Pekar, ( Rusell Crowe Boxing biopic, name escapes me right this second). multiple award nominee

Seriously

So funny! His wife was like, "This is New York City. There are 8000 nake stories out there. I am sure you can find something better to do with your camera..." So HILARIOUS! Keep up the brave work you TMZ vidoeographers!