Kiefer Still Doing Time -- And Laundry

1/11/2008 6:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Keifer SutherlandTMZ has exclusively learned that Kiefer Sutherland will not be released early -- he's gotta do his full 48 days. He checked in on Dec. 5.

According to officer John Balian of the Glendale PD, Kiefer's not gonna get the Michelle Rodriguez treatment. His release date is scheduled for January 21.

Kiefer is still behaving well, and is considered an A+ type of inmate. He does not complain about anything and is still on laundry duty. He was never assigned to kitchen stuff.

Sutherland has not received visitors throughout his stay in jail -- no one came during the holidays -- or his birthday, but he gets tons of mail from fans all over the world.

Nolan

I'm glad to hear that he will not will not get out early. Why should everyone else have to spend all there sentence and people in Hollywood get out out early?

ali

The Kief is no angel but I admire him for doing his time and not belly aching about it.Hope u got my Christmas card> ;)

talpasha

I'll come & see you, Kiefer!!!!! Happy Belated Birthday!

jack bauer

Aw! Why didnt anyone come to visit him?! I would if i was in CA!!!! Wheres his family? It makes me soooo sad!!!! Thanks for the address whoever posted it I'll be sending him a card!

QE2

THe good news is that this guy will actually have to be sober for the entire 48 days, which is probably something of a record for him.

I agree with an eirlier post that said that "the media" follows every move of Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. What a difference between the coverage of Paris's imprisonment and Keifer Sutherland's! And Keifer actually did soemthing really bad with a major DUI.

deb

He is a good guy. Gotta luv him.

Chloe

Hey Chloe! Were you able to get access to the scematics? You're the only one Jack can trust!

Adictisima

Very good, Kiefer. I`m very proud of you. Only nine days and you will be released....and loved for your fans.
And,...all your critics....shut up. He is a MAN with all letters.

Dr. M

KEIFER IS FROM ANOTHER GENERATION -

WHEN MEN JUST SUCKED IT UP / SHOVED THEIR EMOTIONS DOWN / AND PLOWED AHEAD -

MEN LIKE THIS ARE WHAT MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT -

Shalom Aleichem Keifer

Dr. M
MM

Carnac

I would have to doubt that this will be his last go round with a DUI or the end of his troubles from alcohol. Or that he has learned any lesson. I and a couple friends saw him drinking it up at the Hamlet on Sunset the Friday before he reported to jail. With a couple buddies at the bar and they even did a couple rounds of shots each before they left. Granted, the bitch didn't drive. Let's see how he plays out...............

She looks like hell

I'll do his laundry AND do kitchen duty. He can just sit there and look good. Kiefer is a classy guy, that's for sure.

RTgirl

I just want to say, that while it's ok to "assume", that Kiefer is "an alcoholic and messed up", the only person who really knows that, is Kiefer. DUI's don't necessarily spell "alcoholism", but more often very poor judgement. He seems truly sorry for his own "poor judgement" and I feel pretty positive that he'll let his body guards drive next time. Alcoholic or not, he's a person, and we all have issues. HANG IN THERE KIEFER!

sunshine

TMZ is always sure to include all details when reporting on celebs, especially those that are incarcerated.

why have you not explained why he's had no visitors? not even his lawyer? really?

come on, do tell!

Shove first in your peehole....

No 18 minutes in jail BS.. No 10% time served... I certainly don't condone drinking and driving, but I think there is indeed something to be said about manning up to the crime, and wearing it w/o whiny crap, or the 'woe is me' attitude of many other celebrities, or running off to rehab to duck charges under the guise of 'I'm getting better'.... DUI is a rotten kind of mistake, but paying the penalty given to him by the sentence under the law will make him even with the house... Hope 48 days will make him think twice, and use better judgement.... Even with the house, people....

RTgirl

I read that Kiefer specifically asked his family and friends NOT visit him while he is doing his time. He doesn't want them to see him behind bars. Hope that answers that question! My previous post was in reference to someone calling him an alcoholic in an earlier post.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments